~6~

"I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out what I'm going to wear to my party this year," Patton confided in Roman as the pair were spending time together that afternoon. Roman had come over to do Christmas-y things once more, but once he had got there he found out Patton had decided to finish up planning details of his Christmas party that day. They had decided to hang out at his house for a while, and then they would go back to their pottery class to finish with the painting of their mugs. "I've gotten everything else figured out finally, the food, the decorations, everything! I just don't have anything unique to wear this year."

Roman frowned, thinking for a moment and gazing at Patton. Patton frowned as well, not quite sure why Roman was simply staring at him and not responding to his issue. Eventually Roman met his eyes again, grinning as Patton continued to stare in confusion.

"I've got an idea!" Roman announced, although he still didn't let Patton in on whatever this idea may be. Instead he leaped to his feet, grabbing his jacket he had draped over the back of Patton's couch and put it on, then grabbing Patton's jacket and urging him to do the same.

"What are we doing?" Patton questioned, following Roman despite not receiving a proper answer. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see," Roman promised him, leading the way to Patton's car and gaining the keys from Patton. Despite not knowing where they were going he trusted Roman, so if he wasn't going to tell Patton would just wait and see where it led. Roman usually had great ideas anyways, so there wasn't anything to worry about.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at a clothing store, which Patton had somewhat expected. They had been talking about clothes when Roman suddenly had his brilliant idea, but knowing Roman he also knew that his ideas were random and not always related to the topic at hand. He followed Roman again out of the car and into the building, Roman taking his hand and guiding him down a few isles of the store. Patton blushed as people looked their way as they held hands, likely assuming the two were together. He wondered briefly if Roman ever noticed people looking when they held hands, but he supposed Roman probably wasn't as nervous as he was about it so he likely didn't care. He was brought out of these thoughts as they finally stopped in an isle, Roman grinning at Patton and letting go of his hand to gesture towards it.

"Christmas sweaters!" He said, and indeed the isle was covered in Christmas sweaters. He started to look through some of them, still talking to Patton as he did. "I was thinking, maybe it should be a funny Christmas sweater party too! Everyone can wear funny sweaters. It solves your problem of what to wear, and adds a nice touch to the party."

"That's a great idea, Roman!" Patton grinned, also joining Roman in sifting through the various Christmas sweaters. "Thanks for your help. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"I know, I know. I'm great and you love me." Roman said dramatically, sending a wink Patton's way. Patton got out a strangled noise of agreement, face redder than ever. He ducked his head down to study a price tag on one of the sweaters, willing his face to cool down so he could keep talking to Roman like a normal person.

"Oh, look at this one!" Roman said after a while of the pair looking through sweaters. He held up a red one with gold print on the front. The print read 'ho ho homo' and it seemed exactly like something Roman would love.

"That's great, Roman. You should get it!" He encouraged, and Roman agreed. Patton held up two of the sweaters he had found so far, letting Roman look at them. Both were blue in color, one with white print and a small white kitten in the middle, text surrounding it reading 'meow-y Christmas'. The other had black print and a pugs face in the middle with text that said 'bah hum pug'. "I'm having a hard time deciding between these two."

Roman examined them for a moment, looking between each one carefully. After a few moments he took both of them from Patton's grasp, tucking them under his arm along with his sweater. "I'll get both of them for you."

"What?" Patton blinked, taken aback. "Oh, no Roman, you don't have to do that!"

"I know I don't." Roman said, already taking all three items to the register. "I want to. Consider it an early Christmas present for you. Plus, I kinda owe you one after ruining yours in pottery class with my flying mug."

Patton spluttered for a rebuttal but Roman didn't listen to any of them anyways, still paying for the sweaters himself as Patton tried to hand him the money for it. Roman gently pushed Patton's hands holding the money back to his chest as he held the bag the lady at the register had given him, smiling. "Don't worry about it, puffball. I'm just happy to help, especially since you were kind enough to agree to spend your Christmas season with me. It's the least I can do."

"Your company is plenty thanks for that, Roman. I wouldn't have agreed if I didn't want to." Patton assured, but he knew he wasn't winning this. "Thank you, though. I really love the sweaters. It was kind of you to buy them for me."

Patton hesitated for a brief moment, glancing around the parking lot they were now standing in to see if anyone else was around. Not noticing anyone he couldn't find any excuse to back down now, and reluctantly he leaned forward to press a quick kiss to Roman's cheek. He pulled back with red cheeks, not looking in Roman's direction as he spoke quickly. "We should probably be going to the pottery class now, we'll be late."

Patton didn't notice the fact that Roman's cheeks had turned a pale shade of red as well after Patton had kissed him, hand that wasn't holding the bag coming up to touch the place his lips had touched. He followed Patton to the car dazedly, barely listening as he rambled nervously about anything and everything.