~7~

"Hey Pat!" Roman greeted as he entered Patton's house, grinning as he made his way into the kitchen where Patton was putting groceries on the counter. He had just gotten home before Roman had come over. Patton turned to greet him, pulling his scarf down from his face and smiling his way.

"Hey Roman! I just picked up some stuff for today. I also stopped by to get our mugs." He said, turning to grab a bag that held the cups they had made for each other in their pottery class. "I haven't looked at them yet, so don't worry."

Roman rushed over to grab for the bag, Patton laughing at his excitement. "C'mon, let's open them up! I wanna see what you made me!"

"Okay, okay." Patton agreed with a laugh, letting Roman take the bag and pull out the mugs. The mugs were wrapped in lots of paper to avoid them breaking on their trip home, and were marked with a small R and P to indicate which belonged to each of them. Roman handed Patton the one with the R on it and took the one with the P for himself, looking at Patton excitedly.

"You go first. I wanna know what you think of it." He said. Patton obliged, smiling as he slowly unraveled the mug in his hands. Roman bounced excitedly beside of him, quietly ushering him to go faster.

When Patton did finally get it unwrapped it revealed a mug painted in a light blue color with '#1 DAD FRIEND' painted on it in black, with the 'R' in friend painted red. Patton instantly broke out into a grin, admiring the mug before looking up at Roman again, wrapping his arms around his friend happily. "I love it! It's perfect, Roman. Thank you."

"I'm glad you like it. It is accurate, after all. You're the greatest dad friend anyone could ask for." Roman said, hugging Patton back. They lingered for a few minutes before Patton pulled back to urge Roman to open his mug now.

"It's your turn!" He said, waving at the wrapped mug. Roman laughed and obliged, unwrapping his mug much faster than Patton had.

Once he got the paper off of the mug it revealed a red cup with a small painted crown on the side, a small blue heart-shaped jewel in the middle of the crown. Roman had a similar reaction to Patton, lots of grinning and hugging and thanking him for the mug. "It's wonderful, Pat! Almost as perfect as I am."

"I'm glad you like it." Patton smiled, setting his new mug down on the countertop. "That's not the only thing I picked up for the both of us! Look at what I got." Patton reached into a grocery bag he had set on the counter as well, pulling out two large boxes, both of them gingerbread houses for the two of them to try making.

"I haven't tried making one of these in years!" Roman took one of the boxes from Patton's hands, eyes shining as he looked over the box. He looked up at Patton with wide eyes, clutching the box close to his chest. "Can we make them now? I'm so excited!"

"Of course!" Patton responded, going to set his own box down at the table, Roman following. "Let me just take my scarf and jacket off first, it's too warm in here for these." He stepped out into the living room to hang up his things, heading back to the kitchen to find that Roman had somehow already pulled everything out of his box and was ready to start on building. "Well you work fast!"

"Sorry," Roman chuckled, removing his hands from the gingerbread house parts for a moment. "I just can't wait! I loved doing these every year."

"I always found them really hard," Patton said, starting to open his box and take out the various sweets needed to build his house. "I thought it'd be fun to try it again though, now that I'm older! Maybe I'll do a bit better."

"Ooh! I have an idea!" Roman said, gleam in his eye as he looked at Patton. "We should make it a competition! See who can make the best one, and whoever loses has to buy dinner tonight."