Back to reality

The battle was going strong, hawkmoth had just made a new Akuma that granted your inner most deepest dreams and thoughts. Ladybug and chatnoir were at a bit of a struggle with this one, they had been battling hawkmoth and trying to stop the Akuma for a while now and were starting to become worn out.
——————————————

Nathalie was in the mansion not caring that much about the Akuma that had just risen. She thought that if it was really serious she would transform and go out and help Gabriel fulfill his one and only dream of bringing Emilie back.

She was watching the news to make sure she stayed up to speed with the battle and to make sure she wasn't needed in any circumstances to assist hawkmoth.

She had figured out this Akuma was one that granted you your dreams, Nathalie had wondered what would have happened if she had gotten hit...

Would she still have the life she has now?

Would she be in a relationship?

Would she and Gabriel have anything special between them?

But All that she knew is that the man of her dreams would appear in her dream if she was hit, she didn't know in what situation or term, whether they would love each other or keep it strictly business.

But soon enough Nathalies thoughts were disturbed by a masculine shout coming from the news. Her head shot up to look at her phone just in time to see that Gabriel had just been hit by his own akuma.

"Oh shit, here we go" Nathalie had said with a hint of happy sarcasm to her voice. She knew what Gabriel was going to see in his dream and she didn't want to have to deal with the aftermath of a depressed man who had just seen his dead wife and had seen his vision of a perfect life.
——————————————

Hawkmoth was lying on the ground felling very dizzy, he had tried to stand up and just fell back down, he couldn't even sit up.

After a few minutes he found a cloud of white smoke come across his vision and then he found himself back home in his atelier and next to him on one of the couches was Emilie.

Gabriel was gobsmacked, he couldn't believe what he was seeing. His wife that he was trying to bring back for years, risking his assistant and his sons lives, was sitting right in front of him, reading a book.

Talking about his assistant, where was she. He needed to know his schedule for the day.

He looked over at Emilie as she looked up from her book and gave him a warm smile before getting up and giving him a peck on the cheek.

"Are you alright Gabriel. It looks like you've seen a ghost"

"Dont worry darling, I'm just a bit s-shocked"

"It's alright Gabriel, I'm still a bit shocked as well, but we can overcome this, loss is a very hard thing to deal with, especially when it's someone who made such an impact in our lives, but I am here for you and we will get through this together"

"Wait what?! What loss? Who's loss? Emilie-"

Before Gabriel could finish, the cloud of white smoke overcame him again and he found him self dressed in black with Emilie and Adrien at his side.

He looked around and saw a few people he knew, like jagged stone and his assistant penny and the mayor and his wife with their daughter Chloé, who all seemed to also be dressed in black and had mournful looks on their faces.

As Gabriel looked down he saw a head stone engraved with the name Nathalie Sancoeur 1987-2019
In loving memory of a friend,sister, daughter and assistant who changed the lives of everyone she turned to.