Physically impossible

Today had just started out to be a terrible day for Nathalie sancoeur.

Number one, the dry cleaning services had managed to mess up her pantsuits, resulting in her her having to wear a skirt and an old black blazer with a satin red shirt underneath it.

She always wanted to look professional and she was afraid that this attire was too revealing for her work space.

But unfortunately, it was either this or jeans and a jersey.

And if Nathalie was really wanting to be thrown out the door, she would have just gone in any random casual wear.

But she loved her job and intended to keep it.

Number two, Nathalie had woken up late, and with trying to find a suitable outfit and giving herself an hour long pep talk about how she would be alright and Gabriel wouldn't be angry with her, she got caught up in the early morning traffic in the busy streets of Paris.

On top of that, she wasn't even able to inform Gabriel of her late arrival because she had left her personal cellular device in her apartment.

Today was just one of those days, where the universe did not play to her favor.

She briskly walked into the mansion and dropped her bag on the floor and keys on her desk as she logged into her computer, picked up her tablet and speed walked to Gabriel's podium.

"I'm so sorry sir! I didn't mean to be late, I woke up late, discovered the dry cleaners had messed up my entire wardrobe of business attire, so then I had to find something that was appropriate and reliable for the office and then I had to tell myself that I hopefully wouldn't get fired by my boss, then I managed to get into my car safely, but the I got stuck in the early morning rush hour traffic and I was going to inform you on my late arrival, but then I discovered I had left my cellphone on my counter top in my apartment!  I am so sorry! Please forgive me! It won't happen-"

"Nathalie! Please calm down, it's alright, these things happen, we all have these days. Why on earth do you think I would fire you?!"

"Well... I don't know if my outfit is appropriate for work, I had nothing else that screamed formal business attire, unless you'd like me to rock up in jeans and a jersey, but then I'd prefer to keep my job" she rambled on.

"Oh no, your outfit choice is  perfect, you should wear skirts more often" said Gabriel as his eyes lingered on her legs for a little too long which managed to draw Nathalies attention.

"No thank you, I shall keep my attire strictly business and professional sir"

"Alright,but I'm glad you are alright and no harm was caused in your hour of absence"

"Thank you sir"she said as she made her way to her desk to start answering emails and arranging dates on the calendar.

All was going well until the phone rang.

Nathalie answered it with a monotone - Gabriel agrestes assistant, miss sancoeur here- 

And from the other end came an ear splitting screech that belonged to non other than the queen of fashion herself,Audrey bourgeois.

"Gabriel agrestes assistant, Miss Sancoeur listening, what can I do for you today?"

"It's Audrey, I need to speak to Gabriel"

"I'm afraid that mr agreste is unable to speak at the moment, but I shall deliver any important information to him as soon as he has a spare moment"

"Excuse me! How dare you deny my request!-"

"I'm sorry, mrs Bourgeois, but-"

"I did not call to hear excuses! Now put me on the line with Gabriel immediately!"