The perspective of happiness

It was a Sunday afternoon in Paris, the air was warm but the breeze was cool.

Nathalie sancoeur sat on her kitchen counter in her bath robe and a towel wrapped around her hair looking out onto the city.

She had a mug a coffee, a pen and her journal.

Now Nathalie wouldn't come across as the type of person who'd write in a journal or express her feelings on a piece of paper.

But with being an emotionless executive assistant for Gabriel agreste, she had to keep her emotions bottled up, no one could know what she was feeling.

Her boss was an empath, one little slip up and she was done for.

She loved him.

She loved him with all her heart.

They had been trying for over a year now to get their hands on the miraculous of the ladybug and black cat, but they still had not succeeded.

Nathalie could feel herself getting weaker and weaker by the day.

There wouldn't be a transformation where she didn't faint onto the cold,dark floor of the lair after their attempt of grasping the jewels for the millionth time.

But it didn't matter.

She loved Gabriel.

And she would do anything for him.

And she knew the price she had to pay.

She knew that when this was all over she'd be the sacrifice for Emilie.

Well...

That was if the peacock miraculous didn't kill her first.

But she knew and she accepted her fate.

All she wanted was to see Gabriel happy again.

She tore out a piece of her journal and kept it to one side as she closed it up and undid the towel from her head.

She jumped off the counter top, draped her towel over one of her chairs and made her way out to her balcony.

The fresh air was always best for her dying lungs.

But she was happy to be alive and spend time with him, even if it was killing her to bring back his already dead wife.

——————————

It was 5:30 in the morning.

Nathalie had just woken up and made herself a cup of coffee.

After downing the cup of hot liquid in record time she made her way to her bedroom to slip into a suitable outfit for the day. 

She chose a pair of black slacks and a plain and simple, white dress shirt.

Once her outfit was ready, she went to her bathroom and turned on her shower to wake her up completely.

She got dressed and grabbed all the papers and files from the kitchen counter and walked down 7 flights of stairs to her car.

She never trusted the lifts.

What happens if you get stuck with some random creep? 

The amounts of countless germs that were spread in that thing were also disgusting.

Hence why, when she made her way down the stairs she never held onto the handrail or brushed up against the walls.

Once she reached her car she climbed in and set off through the busy morning streets of Paris.