T H R E E

Once we're at the ground level of the hotel, Beau grabs my hand roughly in his own. His fingers are hard and calloused - from playing the guitar all of the time, probably. I eye him curiously, brows raised at him in surprise. He peers down at me, expression tortured. "Don't even start," He growls under his breath. I bite my bottom lip, deciding to push him a little more. I snake my hand up his arm, clinging to him tightly as we make our way onto the busy street, smirking at the way he stiffens under my touch.

Once outside, though, I'm the one who is uncomfortable. A sleek, black limo is parked in front of the shabby hotel, looking painfully out of place on the quaint main street. "Your chariot awaits," Beau smirks, green eyes cold and discomforting.

"Beau, I'm serious. Where are we going?" I pull my arms over my chest, feeling exposed in the last remaining daylight. The sun catches on the metallic material of my dress like a beacon, calling attention to myself with every movement.

"I told you already. Dinner," Beau grumbles, phone in hand, as he opens the door and slides across the leather seat. Passerby's on the sidewalk eye me cautiously, young girls whisper to each other, a few men ogle my usually covered legs.

"Just forget it," I snap, returning to the main lobby to demand someone let me into Beau's suite to grab my clothes. My real clothes - not these dress up ones I feel so stupid wearing.

"Hey, damnit!" Beau's voice follows me through the lobby, the heavy stomp of his angry footsteps echoing off the walls. He grabs my hand, pulling me to a stop. "We had a deal." His strong jaw is clenched angrily, eyes burning as he stares down at me.

"This is me going back on our deal," I explain gruffly, yanking at my neckline up once more.

"Stop. That." Beau snaps, taking my hand in his own and removing it from the thin fabric. "You look fine. But I need you to get in the limo." I bite my lip stubbornly. I really need that money - crap. "Please." Beau forces the word from his lips, looking physically pained in the process.

"Just please tell me what we're doing." I sigh, feeling defeated. Beau's eyes soften the tiniest bit, some of his cold attitude dissipating slightly.

"I have a problem with my image." His lips are pressed into a tight line as I burst out laughing.

"You? I can't imagine why, you're just so... charming," I giggle again when his scowl deepens.

Beau ignores me, continuing his explanation as matter-of-factly as he can. "My team just wants me to get some better publicity out there right now."

I almost retort with some snarky comment, but for a second, his "I don't care about anything" facade cracks and I see desperation in his eyes. "Fine," I agree, once more grabbing his hand and leaving the hotel.

***

"I don't really drink, honestly." I protest as Beau tries to pour me another glass of wine. To be honest, the first glass was enough to make me feel warm inside following the champagne limo ride, and I know he is no stranger to alcohol himself. The last thing I would want is to make a fool of myself and fuel his dislike for me even more.

Beau ignores me, filling the tall glass with deep red wine. The wine is delicious, in fact. Everything - the oysters we had to start, the steak and roasted potatoes Beau suggested, and the rich chocolate torte I just finished for desert - was delectable, the best food I've ever tasted. The limo ride here was an experience - we drove out to the nearest city, where Beau had reservations. We drank champagne form tall flutes and he let me play my own music behind the divider, while he sat on his phone, as usual. I lounged across the red leather seats, watching as city lights became more and more concentrated. I can't believe that for me, this was luxury and for Beau, it was just another car ride.