Series 1: Versus pt. 1

"Where have you been?"

"Ha? Sa tabi tabi lang dong."

She has been like that for days. I know there's something she's up to but I trust her enough not to meddle with what she is doing yet now, I'm too damn worried.

"It's 10 in the evening, woman. What would you do strolling around at 10?"

I said trying to calm myself.

I know she can handle herself. But hell. What kind of fuck would she keep something from me?

"M-May binili lang naman ako eh."

She murmured looking down at the floor playing with her fingers.

I sighed slowly pulling her waist against me as I softly touched my lips on her forehead.

"I'm just worried. I have no idea what you've been up to these days. Especially now, Wife. I'm gonna have an emergency business trip and my flight will be tomorrow. I'm no longer here to keep an eye on you."

She rested her head on my chest and hugged me back as she buried her face against me.

"Kaya ko naman sarili ko--"

"Wait."

I halted her from speaking when I felt something--someone perhaps. Looking at us from outside.

Pulling her off gently, I took my gun from the center table.

"Dong? May problema ba?"

I smiled at her as I rested my pointing finger on my lips to cease her from speaking.

She leaned down and moved slowly to get her gun from the drawer preparing its magazine.

Turning off the lights, I sneaked behind the curtains from the glass wall to look how many assholes have guts to visit my house.

"I-Ilan sila dong? T__T"

"I've seen 3 assholes when I was on my way here and 4 right now."

"Eh.. *pout* aanhin natin tong mga baril? D-Double dead natin sila?"

Double what?

"-_____- for the last time, wife. I am not pertaining to any ghosts on your mind"

"Ahh hehehe hindi mo naman sinabi."

"Stay here."

I commanded cutting her off as I cocked my gun and opened the door.

Let's see what these morons got.