Chapter 11

The night was cooling, seeping away the irradiated heat from the forest floor, producing a thick cumbersome fog that drowned out the world around. For which, the slinking white wolf carrying a white dress was thankful. No stars were able to dazzle their way through the thick fog. No sounds were able to penetrate the air. She underwent the change, becoming human, and donned the dress. She sat.

With her dark hair flowing down the back of a white dress that clung to every shape and every curve, the silently staring woman was unaware.

An escape to Bossman's compound was thought about for a moment. A sigh was filtered through the fog, barely moving two feet away from the source.

For however long the statuesque native sat out there, perched on the ground with legs tucked under her chin and arms in a holding position, nothing seemed to phase her one bit

Tall trees surrounded her, moonlight streamed down, interrupted by the thinning fog. Great shadows of tall, looming appearance casted a mystical effect on the night. No animals were around to create noise to distract, and so the native sat. Surrounded by silence.

A warm body engulfed the entirety of her back. She let her head fall back and rest against the man's shoulder as he settled behind, placing both legs on either side and sandwiching her in.

"Why didn't you ever say?" Ray asked in a whisper. The atmosphere couldn't be broken, he felt, by his voice; anything above a whisper would break the spell. Kaya felt the same.

"Don't go changing now on me, Ramone." Was her reply. The man sighed, which Kaya felt as the air concave his chest cavity, pulling both together more.

"If you say so, babymama."

She laughed soft and angelic-like. "That's better grease monkey." Then they settled in silence, both comfortable for the moment to be there for one another.

The night wore on, and the fog drifted around–opening up to the night to allow the partial full moon to illuminate the duo and then closed again. Closed eyes had memories floating in her mind and she let them. Ten years was a long time, but with everything, it felt like nothing at all. The fact her birthday was a month ago made it so much stronger and harder to ignore. That tenth birthday was a full moon. Her next birthday was also a full moon. She couldn't wait to see what happened then.

"The fullmoon is coming soon." The whisper barely penetrated Ramone's doze-like state. He hummed, shifting to get more comfortable. "Two more nights. One more day." And the curse will be visible all that next day. The frown etched further into her lips. Their curse . . .

She fell asleep. Ray carried her form back to the cabin, passing the sleeping native to her mate, frowning at her twin, before pulling his boyfriend in for a much-needed kiss. It was a kiss to assure his soul he was alive. A reassurance it was, and one Jermoni needed as well.

The twins were forced to spend the last day before the full moon together. Jazzy and Ameli had made sure of it. The two girls took them out in Ameli's jeep, and dropped them off at the pond, saying "Talk, relax, scream, fight, do anything. Work this shit out." Well, the last was Jaz's input since Ameli didn't curse. The tattoo artist went off to work, her sister-in-law followed suit and went to her own job. Twins were left alone together, one glaring and the other just staring, to work out their shit.

It was a beautiful fall day. The air was crisp with a light breeze that jangled the trees, creating a peaceful background song. Sparrows sang out in whistled song, giving nature a more layered feel. The morning glories were bloomed, stretching purple petals out. Glistening morning light bounced off the calm pond surface. Kaya watched as a leaf drifted, having been blown off by the breeze, dipping into the surface and disrupting the serenity. Ripples expanded out, disappearing after four rings.