4

Sonic's P.O.V.

"So will you tell me what's going on...?" Tails asked once Shadow and Rouge left. We decided to eat at home so we could talk calmly.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Come on, Sonic. I know you and I know things at the castle arent that bad to make you retire." He started making chicken parmesan as I made pasta.

"Want to know the truth?" I asked as I put the paste in the water.

"Yes, please." Tails said as he put the chicken in the flour then egg then breadcrumbs then placed them in the baking pan.

"I was tired and knew it was time I needed to retire. I know one day I'll be king so I need to start being more responsible and stop risking my life." I gave him the sauce then he poured it on top of the chicken and I helped him cover it with the parmesan cheese then he put it on the oven.

"Can you put it at 350 for 40 minutes?" He asked as he cleaned his hands. I nodded and did what he told me thwn threw the towel st my face. "And can you stop lying?!"

"I'm not lying!" I chuckled and put salt on the pasta.

"Then why are you so tired?"

"Training!" I answered with the same tone he was giving me.

"Are you serious?" He asked and I nodded. "But why? Why didn't you just tell everyone else?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Still isn't a good time. But it will be eventually." I said and he sighed then nodded.

I couldn't stop thinking of my kids, I wanted to go back to the castle and mske sure they were safe so I quickly took out my phone. I felt as if something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" Tails asked concerned.

"I don't know." I got out of the kitchen and called Manic.

"Bro!" He answered in a tone I did not like.

"What is going on?" I quickly asked.

"Noah scratched Lea on her arm and now she won't stop crying..." He quickly said making me pinned my ears down.

"I'm on my way-" I was cut off.

"Don't, I got it, Maurice. You need a break and need to see your friends. I'll take care of this." My mother said then hung up.

"Sonic?" Tails walked to me. "What is going on?"

"Nothing... Nothing, something happened at the castle but its taken care of." I walked back to the kitchen, my heart pounding at thinking Lea got hurt.

"Alright..."

After a while, we started eating and talking about what had been happening with Eggman. Apparently he was mad that I went missing.

"We miss you, Sonic." Tails said and I nodded.

"I miss you guys too... But it was time I left, buddy." I stretched. "I better go... I promised I wasn't going to take long." I said and he nodded.

"I need to go see Chuck soon so I will probably go soo-" I cut him off.

"No!" I shouted.

"What? Why not?" He crossed his arms.

"Well... Why go when I cam bring him here? Don't worry, he has been wanting to get out of the castle. I'll bring him here." I said and he slowly nodded.

"Alright...?"

"I'll see you soon." I dashed off. Quickly dashed to Lea and Noah and made sure they were okay. I saw they were asleep and took them to my room as I thanked my family for the help them fell asleep with them in my arms.