13

Sonic's P.O.V.

"Shadow! Shadow what happened?" I dashed to him. He smiled at me and hugged me.

Mephiles and Scourge walked behind him, I could tell there was something wrong by their expressions but I shrugged it off knowing they probably got into a fight. Again. Scourge is always pissing everybody off.

"I got a call from G.U.N." He said after I hugged back. I dropped my ears knowing what that meant. "I have to go in a bit. I'll be going for a very long mission. Sonic, I am really sorry." He had his ears lowered.

"W-what...? B-but you can't leave... N-no... What about-" I was cut off.

"I'm so sorry I am leaving you alone through this... If there was a way to get out of this... I wouldn't go... I'm really sorry..." He let tears roll down his muzzle. "I told Mephiles and Scourge... They will tell everyone else and make sure you aren't alone through this..." He never cried in front of everyone.

"Dad...?" Lea walked to Shadow once he heard him cry. Noah followed as I could see Mephiles and Scourge explain to everyone else what was going on.

Shadow knelt down and hugged them both. I couldn't help but cry as well. Once Shadow saw that, he stood up and cleaned my tears then kissed my forehead.

"I love you. I love you so much, Sonic." He said softly.

"I love you too Shadow..." This was the first time we've said it and somehow it felt like it was going to be our last time too.

I couldn't help it. I was crying but Shadow kissed me and took me off guard. He slowly pulled away and hugged Noah and Lea who were begging Shadow to stay making Shadow let tears stream down his muzzle and drop his ears. This hurt me. It hurt me so much.

"Please make sure they are safe. I trust all of you." He said to everyone else. "And make sure he isn't alone during these next months..." He said lowly, hurt then chaos controlled away making me hug Lea and Noah tightly as they cried.

It killed Shadow having to break the promise... That he was going to be there...

When I had his pup...