Prolouge

As the prospect of her new life got closer, Y/N grew anxious. She didn't know how well this would go over, transferring to a new school and all. Especially one as prestigious as UA. This last semester she had gone to Ketsubutsu, a smaller school with a pretty nice hero course, just the kind of school a shy girl like Y/N could fit into.

Last year, however, her mother and father agreed that she wasn't being "pushed" enough, and wrote to UA with special recommendations about their daughter's enrollment.

Her mother and father weren't hero's exactly. Y/N's father was a highly respected lawyer for the hero agency her mother worked at. Her mother was currently ranked #11, behind Gang Orca, although her father assured her that if she applied herself she would pass All Might himself.

Despite their ridiculously misplaced judgement, they believed in Y/N, and wanted to see her come out of her shell for once. "With a quirk like yours, you should be attending a school for the best!" Her dad said at dinner one night, "So I talked to the staff at UA High, and they've agreed to let you start next semester!"

At the time, Y/N was really excited to begin somewhere else. Ketsubutsu was nice and all, but she never had a whole lot of friends, partly because she was so shy. Now she was rethinking everything, though.

What if her new class didn't like her at all? What if it was way too hard? She had seen the kids fight on TV during the Sports Festival. With quirks like those, how could she ever measure up? She didn't even have complete control of her's yet. They would think she was a fool.

Regardless of her emotions, Y/N rolled into bed and closed her eyes, praying for some sleep before the next day.