Chapter 16: Fight For Me

Todoroki stared at Shigaraki with a burning hatred. Every time Shoto tried to stand, he was knocked back by the villains nearby. No matter how much he struggled, his hands were locked tightly in shackles behind his back. Shoto tried to summon both his fire and ice in hopes of destroying them, but his quirk wouldn't activate. The villains laughed as he continually screamed Y/N's name.

Try as he might, she couldn't hear him. Todoroki thought Y/N looked the palest he'd ever seen, lying in the dirt. She was loosing too much blood... She could be dying, and he couldn't do anything! None of them could, the bastards. 

The police were here now, and they had come up with some kind of system to communicate with the villains through the PA system. They knew Shigaraki's demands. But the villains were still waiting for a response. Tears of anger spurred in Shoto's eyes and he was about to scream again, when Deku spoke up beside him.

"This isn't looking good for you Shigaraki." was all Midoriya said. 

The villain turned to the boy with piqued interest. "Of course it's you." Shigaraki said, "You've always been a problem for me Izuku Midoriya, but I'm afraid you're wrong this time. Just look at all of you! You have no hope of escape! They have no choice but to give in to my demands!" he laughed maniacally, until Deku cut him off. 

"Are you sure they'd be so kind after letting a student die?" he asked loudly, "Look at her! No way the pro heroes are going to let you escape after letting Y/N die! That's basic hostage negotiation. In order for you to receive your demands, the expectation is that all hostages remain unharmed until the exchange of those demands."

"Well, so what if I don't play by those rules..." snarled Shigaraki, "What's one student if I have twenty more?"

"Nobody on the other side of that gate is going to think of it that way. Letting her die will only make them angrier, and more inclined to rush in here and eliminate you despite your demands! You have to let her go!"

"Hmm," Shigaraki scratched at his neck, suddenly nervous, "The brat has a point. I mean, look at her, she might be dead already... but I can't just let her go! No way I'm giving up one of my hostages without a single scrap of evidence that I'll get what I want!" He continued to scratch at himself until the warp villain whispered something in his ear. 

"That's an intriguing thought," Shigaraki said calmly. "Alright then... that means... I need you." he pointed one long finger at Todoroki, who had been shoved back down for the hundredth time. Shoto was about to say some fresh retort about never helping the bastard when Shigaraki continued, "You may close her wound with your fire. It's not perfect, but at least she won't die. Plus, it's going to be very painful for her, and I can't wait to watch..."

Todoroki was shocked. They would let him do this? It would hurt beyond belief, and that was if he could even control his fire well enough to do it. He felt someone behind him, unshackling his hands, "Don't even think about trying anything, Toga said as she pressed a blade against his back, "or I'll kill your little girlfriend." she laughed and pulled him off the ground. 

He walked over to Y/N. She was so pale, and she had a small cut on her left cheek. The pavement around her was cracked and broken in the shape of her body, and it looked like she was unconscious. The ends of her hair were matted with the blood coming from her side. As he knelt down next to her, he touched her face, brushing some hair out of her eyes. 

She opened her eyes just slightly, and he could see the fear behind them. He fought the tears back and grabbed her hand, squeezing it. "This is going to hurt, Y/N." he said sweetly, "A lot." He let his gaze fall away from her face and found the wound in her side. He placed his left hand right over it, and summoned his flames. 

Y/N moaned, and he squeezed her hand tightly with his other. "Shoto," she whispered. Each breath she took was short and gasping, and tears fell from her eyes.