Chapter 5: Dangerous and Destructive

The next day, Y/N began her morning classes feeling excited about the days prospects. She was excited to learn more about her new friends, and even more about herself.

By afternoon class, however, all of Y/N's excitement seemed to evaporate as she took her seat. She had tried to forget about what Todoroki had said to her last night, and she hadn't told anybody else about it either. His words echoed in her head as she watched him staring off into the distance, ignoring her gaze.

Aizawa's instructions for class today were clear: they had to reflect on the previous day's fight, and then each come up with an idea they had to improve themselves and their quirks. The rest of class would be used for implementing those ideas.

With some instruction, several of students from Class 1- A showed signs of improvement. Uraraka managed to float herself and objects at the same time. Aoyama learned how to achieve smaller, short range blasts with his laser, and Bakugo, despite his complaints insisting he was already the best, was consistently insulted by his friend Kirishima until he began to endure it, rather than explode everything in sight. Not an orthodox method of training, clearly, but everyone thoroughly enjoyed the show.

By the end of the day, Y/N had successfully manipulated stone. It didn't act the way other materials did, it cracked and splintered rather than bend, but at least it was something she could be proud of.

Before they left class that day, Mr. Aizawa notified the class that they'd all be traveling into the city this Saturday for a big convention with some pro heroes. Some students complained about the prospects of class on a Saturday, but it was soon explained that this had to be done as an extra precaution. "They're really trying to avoid another attack," Y/N thought, and with that the class packed up and headed home for the day.
________________________________

Before they knew it, Saturday had arrived and Y/N was burning with quiet excitement as she got on the bus. She had asked her mom about the conference the night before, over the phone, wondering if she knew what would happen.

Her mother told her on the phone that it was an annual thing for hero classes at UA, and that the students would be separated into smaller groups based on their quirks, and then given to a pro for the day. "I'll be there with some other pros you probably know. " Mentality said, "Can't wait to see you, sweetie, but I'll be in hero mode, don't forget!" Y/N was excited to see her mother and hoped she could talk to her after this whirlwind of a week at UA.

While on the bus, Mr. Aizawa broke the class into their groups and announced what Pro would be mentoring them for the day.

"Group A is Jiro, Shoji, Hagakure, and Koda." Aizawa said, "You all will be working with the hero, Edgeshot." A lot of excited whispers and questions began to circulate the bus.

"Group B: Uraraka, Asui, Yoayorozu, and Iida. You all are with Mentality." Uraraka turned around in her seat to talk to Y/N.

"Can't believe I'll get to meet your mom again! It's funny they didn't put you with us, though." she said.

"Yeah," Y/N said, "I was kinda hoping I'd get to see my mom. Maybe I can catch up with her later though." she hoped.

Aizawa continued listing off students and their respectful pros, until only one group remained. "Finally, Group E: Todoroki, Tokoyami, Midoriya, Bakugo, and Y/N. You'll be with Endeavor."

Y/N couldn't believe it. Endeavor was the number one pro since All Might's retirement. How awesome was that! Even though her mom was a pro, she'd never met Endeavor before. Y/N was a little jealous Todoroki got to be in a group with his father, though, and a little curious why their group was set up this way. After being at UA for only a week, she had already figured out that Bakugo and Deku hated each other. She wondered if this was some effort to convince them to get along. She did know, however, that the people in her group were some of the strongest in the class, and she felt a little out of place.