Damsel in Distress

"It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's just some idiot in spandex."

Arabella Jones is your average American teenage girl, she even lives in one of America's most prosperous cities, Empire City, California. She wears big nerd glasses because of her horrible vision and owns a rainbow collection of converse. She's a sucker for the performing arts and owns two bookcases full of young adult novels. Well, maybe she's not so much like and average American teenager.

Everything in Arabella's life seems to be finally going perfect, right up until the city's most famous superhero comes barging through her window at two in the morning on a school night. Soon she's sent on a rollercoaster ride of treachery and romance that she's never seen before.

All she used to have to worry about was what part was she going to get in the musical, or what book should she read after she was done with the current one, and if the boy she's been crushing on since freshman year likes her back or not. But those worries were nothing compared to her newfound super stalkers.

And when a certain villain starts to take an interest in her, things take a turn for the worst. Not only does she start to fear for herself, but for the rest of Empire City.

Now it seems that the city's only hope, and her only hope, is a teenage boy dressed in spandex who still hasn't learned not to wear his underwear on the outside of his clothes.