Chapter 16 - The Marvelous Marvel

It had been a week and I had yet to get my car fixed. Yes, I know, I'm the queen of procrastination. I've been getting rides to school with Archer and Lacey for the time being, which isn't as fun as it might seem. Ever ridden in a car right next to bickering siblings?

            Yeah, not fun.

            The Musical was in almost two weeks, and Mrs. Cunningham was still fretting about every little thing. Everybody had stopped needing their scripts, and most remembered when to go on and off stage. Archer had stopped getting frantic calls on his phone in the middle of practice, which still confused me greatly, and we were finally able to fit Connor in his Beast outfit.

             By now the whole school had officially stopped talking about the events at the festival. It seemed that The Marvel had scared Tornado away for good, considering the fact that he hasn't been seen since his big battle with The Marvel. Everyone thought that he was gone for good, but I knew otherwise. Why else would a maniac like Tornado rob a major bank and try and take down The Marvel if he didn't have big plans and even bigger motives?

             It made no sense to me, none at all. I hadn't heard from The Marvel in a while, so I knew I wouldn't be getting answers soon. But I never got the chance to thank him for my gift, which needed to be done. You don't just give random people a comic book that's so rare and valuable. That's common sense.

             I was currently reading that very comic book in the nice and comfy beanbag chair that I had gotten two years ago. I had my playlist of musical, Disney, and superhero themed songs playing in the background. For some reason I liked to listen to music while I was reading.

             I was singing along to Defying Gravity from Wicked under my breath while reading. Because, yes, I can multi-task like that. I changed my voice while switching from the two vastly different characters.

             "Why couldn't you stay calm, just for once! Instead of flying off the handle! I hope you're happy. I hope you're happy now. I hope you're happy how you've hurt your cause forever, I hope you think your clever!" I said in a slightly higher pitched angry voice.

             "I hope you're happy. I hope you're happy too. I hope you're proud how you would grovel in submission to feed your own ambition!" I said with an angry deeper voice.

             Thank god, no one else was here to witness the strangeness of me when I was away from company and accompanied by music. That would be such a horror.

             "So though I can't imagine how. I hope you're happy, right now." I sing with a powerful voice. But then, I could've sworn that mine was not the only voice singing that line.

             I turned to my window, suddenly suspicious. And, as if the world wanted to embarrass me more than it already has, none other than The Marvel is sitting on my windowsill, smirk fresh on his face.

             "You're a great singer, did you know that?" He starts, not moving from his stalkerish position on my window.

             I let the compliment fly over my head and reply with some malice in my voice, "One of the many talents of The Marvelous Marvel is now revealed to us, he has a fondness for musicals about misunderstood witches."

             The Marvel gave me a shocking look and jumped off of his perch, "Wow, I didn't know that you had it in you to insult me so viciously. What did I ever do to you?"

             I sighed and renewed my tone of voice, "I'm sorry. I've just been a little anxious as of late. My school's musical is in a couple of weeks and I'm the lead. And I also haven't heard from you in a while, I thought that you'd finally forgotten about me." I end with a chuckle.