Chapter 12: Mock Battle pt.2

PSA-I know I did that whole mock battle wrong and it didn't go with the show or manga but bear with me because it's important to the plot thx babes (ω)
(Y/n's pov)
I pass by Guen-Tea as he was walking out the arena. I put a hand on the generals shoulder and smirked, "Better luck next time, General."

He glared,"Like you could do better."

I walked past him, smirk still plastered on my face,"You have no idea."

"Alright ladies and gentlemen! It is finally time for the final round of the plate breaking war! At the West gate, he was introduced before and is the victor of the last round, King Su-Won leading the white team!"

Everyone cheers as the step out.

"And at the East gate we have a beautiful warrior and a fierce leader, the oldest princess, Y/n leading the black team!"

"HUUUHHHHHH?!?" The crowd roars.

I step out with my team smiling at the crowd. I waved and the shouts became cheers as the war began.

This time Su-Won didn't run. He stood his ground and we had a little stare off. I turn to Koshiro, "Hold off Ju-doe and try to lead him away from the commoners."

He nodded.

I turned to Kazuno, "Crack as many commoners plates as you can. Distract as many of them as you can."

"Anything for you, M'lady."

I raised my voice a little higher,"The rest of you know what to do. And remember what I said before. You die, you die. Like Guen-Tea said, 'Theres no revivals on the battle field'."

My team roared behind me and ran to the opponents.

Now the war has really begun.

They ran past me as I stood still, keeping my eye contact with Su-Won. I walks lowly towards him and he does the same.

A couple of commoners try to break my plate but I block their sword, swipe my feet under theirs and knock them out with the hilt of my sword. A couple of my commoners come and break their plates.

The crowd goes wild.

"Is she allowed to do that?!"

"That's not fair!"

"Disqualify her!"

Cheol-ran held up his hand,"She not breaking the plate rules and they are still alive. I'll allow it!"

Halfway to Su-Won I start running and so does he. Our swords meet and we fight over strength.

"It's been a long time since we've sparred, Your Majesty." I said with a smirk.

He smiled,"Yes, indeed it has been quite a while since we've last done this. Of course that's because you always sparred with Hak instead."

We move our swords back and I shift my feet back, raising my sword only to bring it down on him. He blocks it and I have the advantage.

"Awwww is poor Su-Won getting jealous?"

He over powers me and now he has the advantage,"Of course, after all I want you to be my queen one day. You suit the role perfectly."