Chapter One: Newcomer to The Pole

"So, explain this to me one more time. Who is coming to the pole?"

Santa chuckled as he pursued the papers littering his desk with his large magnifying glass.

"My son, (Y/N). You know him Bernard. Although, he was much different the last time he was here, it was a long time ago now."

Bernard shook his head, sighing. His dark curls sweeping over his forehead.

"And why would him living here be the best option? We've already had such a hassle with Mrs. Claus. Did you already forget what happened with the toy Santa?! It almost set back Christmas by an entire year!"

"He's mature enough to live here without putting the pole in danger. Besides, he's a smart boy. What harm could he really cause?"

Bernard huffed and pursed his lips into a thin line, he placed his hands on the desk, leaning forward.

"What harm? What harm?! As you said before he's just a boy. He could endanger everything! There's no telling what a teenage boy would do just for the sake of, well, doing it!"

Again Santa laughed, rising from his chair he placed a hand on Bernard's shoulder.

"You don't have to worry so much. He's not a child anymore, he's eighteen. In fact, I think him coming here will benefit us all. He's a bright boy, I'm sure he'll bring some great changes to The Pole."

He pat Bernard's shoulder and left the office.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day was spent overseeing progress in the workshop. Bernard grew increasingly worried as the day wore on. What was Santa's son like? He couldn't remember him, Santa did say it'd been a long while since the last time he would have seen him. He wondered how long ago that was, if the boy was eighteen now. He then became confused about something Santa said, in what way was he different?

He shouldn't be so worried. It's not like this boy, would ruin anything major. Bernard began to wonder why he cared so much, it wasn't like strangers to the pole was uncommon, especially under the current Santa. But there was a feeling in his gut that couldn't be shaken, and as the day wore on he became increasingly worried. What if something did go seriously wrong? What would he do then? The thought gave him a migraine. Bernard huffed and quickened his stride. This new resident was sure to cause chaos, he just knew it.