6: Because Even Angels Fall

The skies were darkening in all the brilliant hues of purple and black. However, the stars this night stayed in hiding, perhaps sensing the impending wrong that is to come.

Away from the ever watchful gaze of the moon, under covered walls, lay a slumbering few.

Azure eyes opened, resembling the cloudless blue of the skies when the sun still ruled, they held a certain emptiness that lacked in so many things, yet held a weight it shouldn't.

Despite the length of its rest, it held not the usual weariness, or maybe it did, mixing in with every complex emotion that danced within it's depths.

As the male rose, his cerulean orbs roamed his surroundings, unfamiliarity shone for a brief second before settling itself and putting up once again the walls that seemed ever present in his eyes.

He got off the bed, silently striding towards the door across the room, despite his waking, no sound escaped and the night stayed ever silent, with the chirping of crickets and rustling of bushes as night creatures roamed.

It was the inevitable creeking of the old doors that awoke Sasuke, the male has never once been a heavy sleeper, and with the recent topic that had presented itself plaguing his mind, it was understandable that sleep would be hard to attain.

As he peeked out his assigned room, one he shared with shikamaru, Choji and the senseis, a flash of blonde, that blatantly stood out from the blanket of darkness, made its way into his vision.

He made a move to follow, curiosity ever the strongest, when he felt a presence nearing him from behind.

Looking over his shoulders, he saw that everyone was awake.

What?

Even Shikamaru the Nara had woken from his oh-so glorified slumber.

He can understand the senseis, of course, since they were trained shinobi, made to be aware even with eyes closed, but he hadn't expected shikamaru of all people to bother even getting out of the bed in the middle of the night.

"Why are you all awake?" He asked.

Shikamaru gave a shrug "couldn't sleep" And you have no idea how wrong that sounded coming from the spiky haired male.

"What" It was not a question, merely a statement of disbelief.

"Maa, how about you Sasuke?" Kakashi interjected.

"hn" was all the Uchiha answered with.

Deciding to disregard their collaborative move of waking up with far too perfect timing, he went out the door as quietly as he can with the others in tow.

They all followed the blonde to the outside, where he stood there scarily still. Anyone could have mistaken him for a statue in the darkness of the night if it weren't for the painfully bright colors that he adorned.

They watched with bated breath, waiting for some kind of movement that signified he hadn't actually been replaced with a statue. Half of them subconsciously expected that Naruto knew they were following him.

And right they were.

"You can't hide from someone who has been in hiding their whole life" Naruto started, startling some who had started to get drowsy from waiting.

"So I'm telling you, stop trying" he tilted his head ever so slightly in their direction.

Shikamaru sighed, yeah, figured as much.

He was the first to step out, followed by the two joining and finally Sasuke.

"Naruto" Kakashi said slowly, from what he'd observed, the blonde was not fully awake yet "What are you doing out here in the middle of the night? You were bedridden the last time I checked"

Cerulean flickered in his direction "I wanted some fresh air"

"Okay then, why don't you come in? It's cold out here and we need to return to Konoha tomorrow"

"What about him? " The blonde's muscles tensed ever so slightly.

"He's in his assigned inn, safe and sound" He was still cautious, words slow and stance ready.

For some reason, Naruto tensed even more.

Safe and sound

Why should he (that evil, heartless, crazed bastard--) be safe and sound when he had caused so much pain (his eyes, they held hell within them. His smile promised pain pain pain pain pain pain--!).

.

Why can't he be safe for once?

.

What can't he be happy for once?

.

Why can't he be selfish for once!?

.

And that's when it struck him.

.

Why not?

.

Selfish he shall be.

.

(The world shall know pain as he does.

It shall know the weight of his suffering.

Because that night

Was the night when an angel fell

And heaven realized their sin)

Are the chapters in the correct order? Because Wattpad refuses to cooperate with me when I try to arrange them. It's starting to annoy me. Help meeee!