10: As the Flame's Ashes Scatter

Hiruzen sighed as he blew from his pipe.

Kakashi and Asuma stood in front of him, they had just finished reporting.

"I see" he hokage rubbed his temple "It won't be long until news spreads... and soon the owner of the Akashi corp. will be seeking us out, not to mention our alliance with Wave will surely waver with this major loss" he looked so tired, lips pressed in a thin line.

The two jounin said nothing.

"How is Naruto?" Hiruzen asked. Surely, civilians and shinobi alike will hear about this, and it's painful to imagine how he would be treated once they hear his involvement in all of it (because if course it gets worse, for him, that's all that seems to happen- please keep your smile my boy).

"We haven't heard of him since we entered Konoha" answered Kakashi.

"Is that so... "

Hiruzen worried.

• • • • •

Not even two days later the Akashi heir's death had become the main topic of conversations, and with that- his killer.

It had started out as any other day, the sun rose brightly over the horizon, coating he buildings in hues of orange and yellow. Streets started to bustle with people, living out life.

He never went out unless necessary, because he wasn't a masochist, but food was running low and he needed to hunt some more.

Not even a step outside the building and someone had already approached him, but something was...

Different.

They dragged him towards a place bare of any other life, that's when he realized what they were trying to do and-

Oh god this can't be happening please be wrong don't do this-

Naruto stared at the people that cornered him, eyes blank but heart ready to break out of their chains.

(It was Akashi all over again- )

Evil eyes glared at their illusion of a monster, hatred and hatred and hatred burning in their souls, obscuring the eyes of the heart too see the truth of a tragedy.

(Don't please please please don't do this now I thought I was free from this- )

They sneered at him, spouting words like knives.

The blonde couldn't hear what they were saying, but what they tried to convey was as clear as the skies that peered down at his vulnerability.

Armed with blades and a naive lie, the progeny of hurt sought out to pay revenge on the wrong vessel.

Screams rung out from where darkness best lurked, but fell on deafs ears.

• • • • •

"Heh, so now everyone knows of your true colors" a man - civilian - passing the alley sneered at the blonde jinchuriki lying vulnerable on the floor, bruises littering his skin and tears barely peeking out of ocean eyes.

The red embraced him like roses littered with thorns.

A girl approached him, someone younger, with wide innocent eyes staring down at him worriedly.

"A-are you okay?" She spoke, voice laced with honest kindness.

Naruto's eyes softened, if only just slightly "I-I'm fine" he stuttered with a hoarse voice.

"B-But your all hurt-!"

"Mika!" A mother ran to her child, scooping her up in her arms "Don't talk to him!" She scolded, rushing away.