9

michael rolled onto his back, shivers ran through his bones as he stretched out. snow had fallen over night, and it made the whole light seem brighter. there was a week before christmas, and he was sure it was just as cold in missouri as it was in denver- nothing new to him. he turned over to look at his girlfriend, her lips slightly parted as her breaths came and out. hair was falling from the bun she had tossed her hair into the night before and mikes white t-shirt hung loosely onto her body, exposing her skin that pulled tightly over her shoulder.

the 20 year old admired her being this peaceful. he enjoyed it. her being this peaceful, it was odd for him to find her relax. it seemed like her mind was always racing at an extreme pace and sometimes he felt like she would burn out. that's when it hit him. it hit his soul and his peace like ton of bricks and all of sudden he was suffocating, hardly breathing. he looked at her again, and it daunted him that he had found something that he was sure he would never find in nexts lives. he found someone that motivated him when he didn't care to keep going, someone that kept him on his toes and he had found that person that made his brain slow down.

his hand found himself caressing her cheek and a small sigh left her lips as her eyes fluttered open and he hated being cringey because that's how it all sounded to him. fucking sappy. daniella scanned his face and smiled softly, tugging on the blankets and bringing to cover just enough that only her eyes peered at him. mike laughed, tugging the blankets down and bringing her closer to him.

one sided expectations destroys people. heartbreak crumbles the person, destroys them and makes air difficult to come into the persons lungs. guards have to be brought up. that next person to come has to be careful and pick up the pieces. they were both losing. all of sudden, they weren't both thinking straight. because goddammit, caution was thrown out long time again and they were both so hopelessly falling for each other. without knowing that they had, just hoping that they would be there to catch them.

"you're so warm." she mumbled into his bare chest, feeling as mikes hands pushed under the shirt and his fingers shamelessly wandered and danced along her skin. her hands holding tightly to his bare back, her lips lingered on his neck as she breathed in his scent, her eyes closed.

they stayed like that for a while, knowing that they wouldn't be like that for a while as daniella took on her second semester and schedules got busier. mike closed his eyes, humming to himself, "what time does your flight leave."

"too soon." she replied back, "too soon."