26

the slamming of the door startled cierra and daniella as they sat on the floor of the living room, soft music played behind them but that was overpowered by the curse words that left the 6'10 man who didn't ever acknowledge the two woman like he usually did when he got back home from practice, "i vote you go talk to your man." cierra nodded towards the stairs as they heard michael slam the door shut to his room and daniella looked at her wide eyed as they both knew it was best to give michael his space when he was in a funk- but this funk had lasted all week, "he's gonna hear you out before he hears me out, and you know i'm right." cierra added after a few moments.

daniella pushed herself up, tugging on michaels hoodie as she padded upstairs to go greet mike, "go away." he muttered but daniella did the exact opposite and softly closed the door behind her and softly walked over to where michael sat on the floor, his back pressed again the bed, "go away." he stated again but daniella sat next to him instead and she patted her thighs so that he could lay his head, he did that.

"what's wrong?" she asked, her fingers running through his hair and massaging his scalp and mike closed her eyes. what wasn't wrong? he was forced to watch his team play without him, he felt incompetent and sometimes days just seemed to drag on.

"what isn't wrong?" he huffed our angrily. he was getting tired of being restricted, he wanted to perform and show his support while he was on the court with his teammates. he wanted his back to function and to top it off he was out because he has sprained his knees, he was getting angry. he was frustrated at the world and at god.

"well for starters, you got a roof over your head, you have a loving family who supports you, you have heat and water. i'm thinking you're pretty solid." he stated, "blessed if i do say so myself."

"if i was blessed god wouldn't allow this to happen to me. he would've prevented my back injury. daniella, you not know how frustrating it's been? i show up to practice everyday only to do bare minimum. i can't even practice with my teammates. i have to show up to the games and support when i know i'm better help on the court-"

"- read my wrist." she stated earning a weary look from her boyfriend, but he took her small wrist in his hands, "read it aloud." she said again.

on her wrist was tattooed her favorite bible verses. one that helped her when times got rough and sometimes times got rougher thay expected. both daniella and michael came from families that were believers of the faith. they put god in their praises, "isaiah 60:20." he grumbled, not sure what the meaning was or the verse.

"when the time is right, i, the lord will make it happen." she finished for him, knowing the verse without even having to look at the bible, "michael, everything happens for a reason, babe. god doesn't just give battles. he gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers."

"and i've seen you push through. you are one of a kind. your soul is special because all this adversity is gonna transform you into the player and the man that you need to he. you're gonna be so much more mature than the ones that debuted in you draft class. trust in the process. yes, i know it's hard to watch from the sidelines and i know it kills you but the blessings that are gonna come to you after this are gonna be so much more bigger than what you expect. patience and trust." she finished off.

michael turned to his stomach, "i don't deserve you. i don't know what i did to deserve you. god blessed me with you, baby."

daniella shook her head and smiled softly, "you deserve everything that comes your way." and she meant it, she saw how hard he work day in and day out to be where he is, "i mean it. you are one of a kind, tikey."