19

"what makes you think he would?" vanessa gallegos looked at her younger sister as she cradled their nephew while gianna was mashing a banana to feed her son.

daniella let out a long sigh, her brain wasn't able to finish processing the whole situation. it was their first fight and right now it seemed like it was going to be the only one that they would endure, "if he was sliding into my dms, what makes you think he wouldn't slide into someone else's?" she asked, her eyes glued on her four month old nephew that cooed and babbled in her hold.

vanessa was years older and had experience her fair share of heartbreak as a teenager but now was a mother of two year old and being heavily pregnant with her second child that was due in the summer, the big things that actually were little things in the relationships could be used as building blocks for a foundation- the couple just needed to get through that, "i don't think mike would, it doesn't add up to me." the twenty-seven year old added after a few moments, "it just doesn't."

gianna came in the living room, wiping her hands on her leggings as she reached for her son and sat between her sisters, "fill me in." she breathed out as she sat her son up carefully and begin feeding him.

"your sister is being dramatic, what's new." vanessa added jokingly as the room was filled with the cries of her two year old who had woken up from his nap. vanessa struggled to get up, her being too heavy to get up with her own self doing so- but she did it regardless, "talk to her, you've been through this." daniella watched as vanessa struggled to climb the stairs, heavy pants leaving her lips.

"fatass!" the twenty year old cried, a smug smile on her lips as vanessa turned around flipping her sister off and muttering in between heavy breathing that she should try carrying another human being.

it got quiet between the two sisters, gianna watching daniella's saddened eyes and she remembered before she has sampson and before she got married her falling out  and falling in with cody- this reminded her of them, "daniella marie, you are as stubborn as you are loving." the twenty-two year old spoke breaking the silence, "and you're such a hothead that you can't see clearly right now."

daniella turned, her eyes narrowing at her older sister, "you got me messed up, you're taking his side?" she hissed.

but her sister shook her head. she wasn't taking anyone's side. but it was easier to see from the outside of the situation then from within, "no, i'm not on your side or on mike's, but it's easier to see things from outside." gianna looked at her son before continuing, "i just- dan, i know you remembered all our fights. dan, cody and i had to go to couples therapy because we couldn't see eye to eye and that's the last thing i want to happen between you and mike."

"okay but did cody actually cheat?"

"okay but did mike actually cheat?" gianna retorted back making daniella scoff, "exactly! my point proven! i believe him when he says it's a picture of a fan-"

"if mike was wise and persistent enough to slide into my dms, he can do it again. men like the chase, they chase until one gives in and then they leave you-"

"your stereotyping him." gianna cut her off, "you think because he's in the NBA, he's just like the rest. trust me daniella, it's not easy dealing with you and mike is doing quite graciously." 

daniella stayed quiet for a second, "i'm scared to lose him." she confessed, "i'm scared that one day he's going to wake up and realize that he much rather be with someone that can easily drop things and be with him. gi, we have such busy schedules and-"

"and what? mike? dan, have you seen the way he looks at you? this man loves you."