First Christmas Together

*Shaniece *
"You don't have to. The kids and I can drive up around noon and we will be there by three or four." I say for the millionth time. Holidays are the worst for a relationship that's in its first year. Though we didn't spend thanksgiving day together,he drove back to Jersey that night. I don't want him to not spend Christmas with his family. Learning that the holiday season use to to be hard for his parents since Danny's sisters' passing I want him to be there. From what his mom says, she slowly getting back into the holiday spirits that's because her grandkids made easier for her.
Smushing my face in his hands which he finds to be amusing, "Sha, I want to be with you and the kids for Christmas. We can stick to your plan by leaving at noon. I don't want to talk about this again. My parents are good with this plan. They know we will be there, they're looking forward to seeing the kids and you."  Giving me a short kiss, our schedules for the past week have been crazy. If my parents or sisters have the kids, I would go the bar on his break or he would come to the hospital on mine. "I missed you." I say as I lean into his arms. I got to his place about fifteen after he did. "I missed you too beautiful." Although we haven't seen much of each other, he makes sure he sees the kids even if it's just to spend a few hours with them after school and brings them to my parents. "Why did you get her so much shit?" I'm looking at least ten bags, four bikes, helmets and a massive box.

Getting out of his grip, hearing him laugh. "She's the only girl out of all those boys. They have the games they play together and I know at some point she feels left out so it's kinda making up for it." That's all cute and shit but this is a lot. I've been hiding their toys here, it's now a full living room.
"You know you won them over already?" I ask as I look through his bags. This LOL shit will make her happy. "I'm aware of that smart ass." Snatching the bag away."Your gift isn't in here."  I can't lie I was looking for mine.

It's not baseball season yet, but I did get them tickets to the first game. They went to a few games with his brother and nephews, from the pictures and how Myles described the game, play by play, he enjoyed it as well. For my other child, who hates sports, we're going to see Disney on ice.

"Well you can give me a hint." We're only a week away from Christmas, every Sunday for the past two weeks he's given me a gift. First Sunday was a locket necklace with a photos of them in each heart, last Sunday was a perfume by Kate spade which I love and hav been eyeing for awhile now.

He pays attention...

Still kissing me, he shakes his head, "No, you'll see in a few days." The kids are with my sisters for the weekend, they hired a fill in bartender for tonight and tomorrow, so I have my man for the next two days.

"This is why I do gift bags. All of this wrapping and taping shit isn't it." I say, one thing about me when it comes to Christmas gifts or gifts in general, I'll put that shit in a cute bag and call it a damn day.

"But their excitement will hit different after ripping apart the wrapping paper." Danny say, he's good at this shit. "One year, me and Nate thought it would be a great idea to get Ila this bear, same size that baby girl has in her room." Valencia had this bear for damn near two years and finally let me put it in her room six months ago.

"What did you two do to her?" Seeing him smile when talking about Ila is everything. From what everyone tells me, Ila had the key to Danny and Nates heart, typical over protective brothers, if she's in trouble, felt like any harm was being done to her, wanted something, "But what she didn't know was the fucker could shake and make noise, she didn't figure that out until a week or two after Christmas. The shit goes off while she's playing in her room and she fucking screams." They should be ashamed of themselves. "Our dad looked at us and knew we did it, we knew he was gonna beat our ass." Warren is a big ass guy, same height as my dad 6'5 between 230-240, doesn't take shit from anyone, very protective of his family.

"I can only imagine how he was back then. What happened to Ila?" I ask, as I finish wrapping Myles new iPad. "She became our new roommate for two years. Her room was her play room, every other night she switched who she slept with." Laughing because that's exactly they get for torturing her.

"Lesson learned?" I asked, "Absolutely, she slept just like baby girl. The last six months of us sharing the room, my pops pushed our beds together. We never scared her ass again."

As a mom, I couldn't imagine losing one of babies. No parent expects to burry their child, as a parent that's one of many of my worst nightmares is a getting a call saying one of them is in the hospital. I'm very selective on who I leave them with and the ones, I know who will protect them as if my kids are their own. Loosing a sibling as well, as much as we argue, bicker, talk big shit, it's straight do or die for my sisters. I won't admit it to them but I actually fucks with them.

Both Danny and Nate have angel wings on their backs with photo of her and name above Ila Noelle.
"She would be proud of you and Nate. How well you two are taking care your parents, business men, significant others, father figures." Nate has all boys and since introducing Danny to mine, he's been nothing but perfect to them. As soon as he figures out how to say no to Valencia it will make my life easier.

"Thank you." He says, giving me a kiss. He didn't start talking about Ila until after I met his parents. They told me, he doesn't talk about her much but when he does it a little relief therapy for him.

**

"This is yours!" Myles says to Danny, pointing to the box and pissing his sister off. "You said, I could give it to him." The attitude makes us laugh, sis really thinks she's intimidating someone.
"I didn't give it to him, crazy. I just said that's his, you can still give it to him."  Having her moment, giving her brother a hug then reaching across me to get the box, Valencia hands Danny, his gift.

The smile on his face is priceless, "I though we had this conversation?" He asks them, as his takes off the wrapping paper. "Yeah but we really love you so we wanted to get you a gift." Valencia says.

"Plus it's Christmas." Myles says so causally.
Last month Danny's Apple Watch broke while he was at work and he's been saying he would buy a new one but never had the time to. Myles actually reminded me and said that's what he wanted to get him. Myles had collected visa gift cards, any money that has been given to him and I can't lie, I'm kinda impressed by the kid. My other child is broke so I put in her share.

"Wow."He says, looking  at his new watch. "You two are amazing." Seeing them jump into his arms made all of this worth it. "I love you both."

At midnight last night, Danny gave me my gift which Myles already knew what it was and he's fully on board with everything. Danny gave me a key to his house, he wants the kids and I to move in with him.
I was in complete shock, me and my kids are a lot. He's been stayed here a for whole month, the only reason he went back to his place was because he got a new sofa. He sees the ins and outs of parenthood,
Vals bad days when she tries everyone's patience, Myles when he wants to talk back or thinks he's right. I can says, Danny being here has changed that a little. I guess because he was missing that male figure being in our household. Even my dad said he can now step back because Danny is pretty good at controlling the situation when the kids bicker.

I said yes..