Ch 2 - Beginning of a Journey

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BE-

A petite hand gently pressed the off button that laid on top of her pastel green alarm clock, effectively stopping the ear piercing beeping emitting from the object. Her dark forest green eyes opened tiredly to peek at the numbers that flashed on the dark screen of the alarm clock.

6:30 A.M.

Those three numbers flashed repeatedly on the screen as Yasumi squinted her eyes to get rid of the blurriness. Once somewhat awake, she sat up and stretched her arms, earning a few quiet pops from her joints. It had been 7 years since her parents passing, and Yasumi had somewhat accepted the fact her parents were dead years ago but never really moved on. She had grown distant from everyone and anyone, politely declining any hang outs or interactions, and instead used her free time to train in the basement that had been specially designed to withstand quirks. Either she was training or studying animals to expand the possibilities with her quirk.

"Mm... morning already.." she mumbled groggily to herself as she slipped out of bed, only to forget that her legs were still tangled in her blankets. "Ack!" She yelped as she fell onto the wooden floor of her bedroom with a loud 'thud'. She groaned in slight annoyance as she proceeded to untangle the blanket around her legs.

Once done she walked towards a framed photo of Todoroki and herself when they were younger, gently brushing her fingers against the corner of the frame. "Wish me luck Sho-chan..." she said quietly before walking out of her room and towards the bathroom. Inside she brushed her teeth and washed her face, patting a soft towel against her cheeks until it was dry before proceeding to leave the bathroom. Yasumi walked back into her room and opened her wardrobe, many shirts and dresses hung on clothing hangers inside. She reached inside and grabbed a hanger that had her usual school uniform. She wondered why she had to wear her uniform for the entrance exam but never vocally questioned it.

Yasumi took off her sleepwear and slipped on her school uniform that consisted of the uniform blazer, a dark colored skirt, white button up shirt, and black leggings

Yasumi took off her sleepwear and slipped on her school uniform that consisted of the uniform blazer, a dark colored skirt, white button up shirt, and black leggings. She walked towards her vanity and opened one of the drawers on the left, inside were an assortment of brushes. The brunette grabbed a pastel green brush and began running it through her hair gently, getting frustrated every now and then due to the many knots that formed in her sleep.

Once her hair was smooth and rid of tangles and knots, she grabbed a hair tie and held it between her lips. She then began to style her hair in a half ponytail, making sure it was smooth and had no bumps. When she tied her hair in her desired style, she grabbed the pastel red bow that rested on her vanity counter securing the bow in her hair. Yasumi stared at herself in the mirror, smiling a bit at her appearance. She the  swiftly grabbed the handle of her pastel green backpack before leaving her room, the backpack containing the clothes she would wear when participating in the exam.