Ch 5 - First Day of UA

BEEPBEEPBEEP

BEEP
BEEP
BEEP

A girl with brown hair shot up from bed with a gasp as the ear piercing sound of her alarm woke her from her dreamless slumber. She looked at the calendar that hung on the wall right in front of her bed, seeing it was currently April. On today's date there was a bright red circle on it and in the center read 'FIRST DAY OF UA' in bold letters. The corners of Yasumi's lips curled upwards in a cheerful smile, but flinched as the beeping emitting from her alarm clock continuously assaulted her ears.

She gently pressed the stop button that laid on top of her crimson red alarm clock, effectively stopping the beeping. Yasumi had woken up a bit earlier than what she was used to, as to lower the possibility of her being late to her first class. Yasumi pulled the blanket off herself and got out of bed, slipping her feet into her slippers before heading off to the bathroom to start her morning routine.

—————

Yasumi gulped nervously as she buttoned up her light gray blazer, the golden buttons standing out from the dull colored uniform. On the ends of her blazer sleeves were two dark green stripes, the color matching that of her skirt. Under the blazer she wore a long sleeve white button-up shirt with a red tie that also had a gold button in the center of the knot. The green-eyed girl wore dark gray thigh high socks, her hair tied in its signature way, half ponytail accompanied with a pastel red bow.

Yasumi looked at herself in the mirror as she patted down her dark colored skirt. "Okay, Yasumi... first day of UA... try not to make a fool of yourself," she said as she stared at herself with a determined expression. She walked out of her room and downstairs, and on the dinner table, she saw a plate that had bacon and toast on it as well as a note next to it that had a few one thousand-yen notes (~$10) attached to it. Yasumi walked to the dinner table and stared at what she assumed to be her breakfast then picked up the note, reading through it as she detached the yen notes from the paper.

Dear Yasumi,

Morning hon! I'm sorry I couldn't be here for your first day of school, I made you breakfast to hopefully give you more time to prepare. I hope your first day of school goes well and I have attached some money to this note for lunch and other stuff. I'm super proud of you Yasu and I'm sure you'll do great! Don't let others talk you down and I know you'll behave, good luck my little angel!

Love, Aunt Kiku

P.S. Tell Shinsou I wish him good luck as well!

Yasumi couldn't help but smile at the letter, a light pink hue dusting over her cheeks at her Aunt's loving words. Yasumi had told her Aunt about Shinsou as to get Kiku to stop bugging her about making friends. Kiku was happy that Yasumi had made friends with Shinsou and welcomed him into their home whenever he pleased, resulting in Shinsou coming over to Yasumi's home several times, either for studying, homework, or just hanging out. Her smile fell as she remembered when Shinsou had told her about his results.