Happy Late Birthday

Guess what day it is?? It's.. two weeks and two days past Yasumi's birthday!~

*cue judging stares*

Okay, in my defense Yasumi's birthday completely slipped my mind so I didn't have anything prepared to post on her actual birthday which is February 24, this is more of a late birthday thing. Just a heads up. Since the anime nor the manga has reached the month February in MHA I cannot make a chapter where Yasumi celebrates it with 1-A since I want to tie it into the story and I need to know what happened around that time.

———————————

Todoroki sighed softly as he stuffed his finished homework into his backpack. He sat in the middle of his room, his face laced with boredom. 'I wish Yasumi was here...' the young boy thought to himself as he kicked his legs up and down to entertain himself for the time being. He wore a brows furrowed in confusion as he heard the sound of the doorbell at their front door. 'Must be some kind of delivery...' He brushed it off and continued trying to entertain himself.

A muffled conversation could be heard from the living room which confused Todoroki even further. The sound of fast-paced footsteps reached his ears, making Todoroki turn around towards his closed door before standing up to see who had arrived. He barely took a step before his door slid open, a familiar young brunette standing there with her eyes sparkling in excitement.

"Sho-chan!" Yasumi cheered happily as she ran up to the red and white-haired boy and wrapped her small arms around him. Todoroki was startled by Yasumi's arrival; last time he had checked it was a Thursday, and they only met on the weekends.

"Y-Yasu-chan, what are you doing here?" Todoroki asked, his eyes wide in surprise as he pulled away from the girl who seemed to be filled with energy.

"It's my birthday, Sho-chan! So Mommy and Daddy let me come over on a weekday!" she chirped happily, clapping her small hands in excitement.

"Y-your birthday?! You never told me when your birthday was! I don't have anything for you..." Todoroki mumbled, looking down in shame.

"Oh, Sho-chan, it's fine if you don't have anything you give me! Hanging out with you is enough!" Yasumi said with a smile as she placed her hands on his shoulders. Todoroki lifted his head to smile at his best friend. 'How do you make everything better?' Every time he would see his brunette friend all his worries would just disappear.

"Yasumi! C'mon! Enji-san can only let Todoroki-kun out for so long!"

Both he and Yasumi jumped a bit, startled by the sudden presence of Yasumi's mother. Todoroki stared at Tsubaki confused, before Yasumi took notice.

"Oh, right! Mommy and Daddy managed to convince Endeavor-san to let you hang out with us since it's my birthday and all! Isn't that exciting Sho-chan?!" Yasumi exclaimed happily as she jumped up and down with excitement.

"Yeah..." Todoroki responded in awe as he stared at his friend with a fond smile.

—————

The first stop was the public park. Yasumi wanted nothing fancy for her birthday; all she wanted was to spend it with her family and Todoroki, so her parents planned to have a picnic at the public park, allowing Yasumi and Todoroki to play together before and after eating.

"Oh, there you are!" Kiku said with a smile as she turned to look at Mamoru, Tsubaki, Yasumi, and Todoroki. Kiku held a bag in her hand that contained a few food containers. "Now, where's the birthday girl?" she asked as Yasumi skipped over to her aunt.

"Aunt Kiku! You came!" Yasumi said cheerfully as she hugged her aunt who scoffed.

"And what? Miss my favorite niece's birthday? Never!" Kiku laughed as she mocked offense. Yasumi giggled in response. "Let's get this picnic started!" Kiku exclaimed as Yasumi jumped in reply, letting out a joyous cheer.