Ch 3 - Entrance Exam

Yasumi walked past the extravagant entrance gate with Hitoshi, an excited smile present on her face

Yasumi walked past the extravagant entrance gate with Hitoshi, an excited smile present on her face. From the corner of her eye she could spot a dark green-haired boy trip over his feet, cringing as she watched him fall forward.

"Oh geez..." Yasumi mumbled as she felt sympathy for the boy, but Hitoshi thought otherwise. A small snort emitted from him as he covered his mouth to hide his smile. "Shinso-kun, don't laugh at him!" Yasumi scolded in a hushed tone. But before the boy could land on his face, a girl with brown hair lightly touched his backpack with the pads of her fingers. He suddenly stopped falling, as if he just froze mid-air. 'Woah, is she using her quirk?' Yasumi pondered to herself as the boy realized that he had stopped falling.

He started flailing around and the girl started talking to him, though the conversation seemed pretty one-sided due to the boy not saying a word as the the bubbly brunette spoke. Suddenly a hand wrapped around her wrist and began pulling her forward, making Yasumi stumble a bit with a yelp as she looked at who the hand belonged to.

"C'mon, we gotta get inside to find out which area we were assigned to," Hitoshi said as he pulled Yasumi along, the brunette girl and green-haired boy completely forgotten. Yasumi chuckled lightly as she followed Hitoshi up the stairs of the school.

—————

"For all of those examinee listeners tuning in, welcome to my show today!" The Pro Hero known as Present Mic announced as the main lights dimmed and spot lights flickered on. Yasumi sat in the 4th row next to Hitoshi, gripping the straps of her backpack tightly due to how nervous she was.

"You okay?" Hitoshi whispered to her in a concerned tone. Yasumi looked at him in surprise before nodding with a smile. Hitoshi took the hint and face forward once more to listen to the pro hero.

"Everybody say 'Hey!'" he shouted. Yasumi opened her mouth to follow his command but was stopped when a hand covered her mouth. She looked at the owner of the hand, Hitoshi, with a questioning gaze before realizing no one else had responded. It would have been very embarrassing for her to be the only one to say 'Hey'.

"T-thanks..." she mumbled after Hitoshi removed his hand from her mouth, him nodding in reply with a smirk. She pouted a bit as she knew he wasn't going to let her live this down.

"What a refined response," Mic said with a shrug, the lack of response not affecting his mood in the slightest. "Then, I'll quickly present you the rundown on the practical exam! Are you ready?!" he asked enthusiastically as he rose his arms. "Yeah!!" he yelled, but no one answered once again. Yasumi was now aware and did not want to make the same mistake twice.

Quiet mumbling could be heard from behind, causing Yasumi to tilt her head up and turn to look at who was mumbling. She saw the green-haired boy once again, except this time he looked very excited and had a sparkling aura around him. She raised a brow as she was curious on why he was so excited and was mumbling, but shrugged and looked forward once more.