questions

Aizawas POV

I awoke to the sound of knocking. I sat up to discover a sharp pain in my back. I was sitting in an uncomfortable chair next to a hospital bed. The memories from last night filled my head. I looked at the sleeping boy in front of me. His eyes were sunk in like he hadn't slept in a while.

The door opened and in walked a nurse with an cat officer and some man. The nurse went straight to the boy and started examining his wounds.

"Hello, my name is Naomasa Tsukauchi. I'm a detective with the police force. And this is Sansa Tamakawa. We'd like to ask you a few questions."

"Yeah, sure"

I glanced back at the boy as I stood. My back really did hurt. I walked to the door as Sansa opened it, Naomasa followed me out.

The hospital halls smelled of sterile chemicals and the lights seemed a little too bright. I followed the detective down the hall till we entered what looked like a break room. I sat on an armchair while the detective sat to my right on a couch.

He took out a notebook before he spoke.

"So first things first I'd like to hear from you what happened last night before I proceed with my questions."

My tired brain took a minute to think.

"Well Hizashi Yamada, or Present Mic, and I had been on patrol for several hours last night around a run down area of Hosu city. It had been mostly uneventful besides a mugging and we were getting ready to head home. Hizashi had turned to say something to me when a shoe hit him in the head. After that I heard yelling, to which I looked up and saw someone standing at the edge of the roof. I saw as they began to fall and used my capture weapon to catch them. After that Hizashi called the ambulance." Recalling everything made my chest feel tight. Suicides or attempts weren't uncommon. But sometimes the heroes don't make it in time to save them.

He wrote some things down on his paper and looked up at me.

"Can you tell me anything about the boy? Any indication why he would attempt suicide?"

"He was badly burnt and has signs of abuse. He was unconscious by the time I caught him. I suspect he had taken something before jumping."
As I thought about this kids injuries, I began feeling angry. What if this had been one of my students? What kind of person would do this? And why would they do this? This kid was skin and bones.

"Mr. Aizawa?"

I jumped at the sound of my name, looking up at the detective. He had concerned eyes and a soft expression.

"Are you ok? You zoned out for a minute."

"Yea I'm fine. It's just been a long night and not enough sleep." That's not why I zoned out but truthfully I was very tired.

He nodded while looking me over.

"I'll try not to keep you much longer. Can you tell me where Mr Yamada is now?"

"I... I actually don't." I suddenly realized he hadn't been in the room when I woke up.

"Well then that'll be all for now. I'll bring you back to the room." He said as he stood, walking towards the door.

As we approached the room I could hear voices from inside. I opened the door, only to find Zashi, officer Tamakawa... And Nemuri?

"He is gonna be so excited! She is such a little cutie and Tora is already getting along with her and they are so cute." Nemuri stopped talking when she noticed that the detective and I were there.

"What is this about Tora?" I asked.
Why were they talking about my cat?

I looked at Zashi but he just gave me a dorky grin.

"Mr. Yamada?" Naomasa asked

Zashi looked up at him

"I'd like to ask you a few questions. And Tamakawa, would mind getting the medical report from the nurses station?"

Zashi stood up and hugged me before they all walked out the door.

I looked to Nemuri as she went to the table next to the bed and grabbed a cup.

"I brought you two coffee." She said with a small smile.

I gratefully took it and sat down. Looking at the green haired teen on the bed. His chest rose slowly as he breathed.

"So what is this I hear about Tora?" I said looking up.