Fight

Izukus' POV

TW: gore/ blood

I've spent a few hours crouched down in a bush a few blocks away from that Iida kids house. Everytime I move another branch jabs me in the face. The sun is beginning to rise and I haven't seen another cop car for at least an hour. I'm not sure if it was Iida or that neighbor I startled but either way I don't feel like getting arrested anytime soon.

Peeking through a couple different directions I decided it's safe to come out. There's not much point in trying to be subtle about it. I'm on the edge of the nice neighborhood and there's not exactly a nonchalant way to exit a bush.

The first step I take I almost collapse. I've been crouched down for so long that my legs went numb a while ago. My ankle was throbbing and I'm so light headed I can barely stay balanced.

I push through the pain and tingling in my legs and try to walk as normally as possible.

Which also seems kinda pointless.

I'm still covered in blood, I'm limping, and I'm trying to hold a bright red first aid kit like that's a normal thing for a kid to do at what's probably 5 am in a nicer part of town.

I wish I had thought things through a little more. That guy seemed like he was onto me from the beginning. It wouldn't have been strange for me to not have agreed to go to a strangers house but running away when obviously injured would have raised more red flags. There didn't seem to be a good way out of that situation without putting more suspicion on myself but that's to be expected being blood covered. Perhaps if I had consid-

My stomach growled loudly cutting off my train of thought.

Looking around I was in some smaller neighborhood with a few apartments nearby.

The police could still be nearby, I need to stop walking around aimlessly.

I'd find the most cover in a backyard of alleyway but there's not a subtle way to get into either. With apartment buildings nearby that also creates a higher chance of someone seeing me before I could see them. I need somewhere with cover and little chance of interruption.

I swayed for a minute, my head feeling weird once again. At least I didn't go out the window head first.

I let out a humorless chuckle that hurt my throat.

I'll walk a couple more blocks and see what I can find. Hopefully something soon before it gets much brighter and more people wake up.

I couldn't see much, my view being blocked by houses, but my guess was there were going to be more secluded areas near the apartments. There are a ton of hiding places near mine anyways.

Having made a decision I made my way in that direction through pathways between houses. I saw a couple people making breakfast through their windows. Luckily I was mostly hidden behind fences and walls for most of the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I stood just around a corner, looking at the taller building. To get to it I would have to cross an already busy road. The sun almost all the way up now. The apartments weren't my destination but I'd have to go out in the open to get to any of the surrounding area.