Chapter 2

“Seriously, another one?” Dazai asked Chuuya. “Are you sure this isn’t the port mafia’s new killing method?”

“How would we change our killing method? That stupid way of thinking is going to bite you one day…” Chuuya said, “anyway, take a look at the body,” Chuuya took out the picture of the victim. “No gunshot wound, no strangle no nothing.”

“Are certain you he didn’t poison himself?” Dazai asked.

“I don’t think so, there is more to this than just another murder.” Chuuya stated, “The port mafia isn’t responsible for this.”

“Then why dose the Port Mafia even care about the murder of  mere mortals? ?” Dazai asked.

“Because the killer is tracing the murders to us, making it seem like it was the port mafia.” he said, angry.

There is something familiar about all this. Dazai thought as he carefully looked at the pictures.

“What’s wrong?” Chuuya asked Dazai.

“Nothing,” he quickly said,

Chuuya scoffed, “you’ve been awfully spacy these past weeks, and it’s annoying.”

“Let’s go to the crime scene. There’s something that I want to see.” Dazai said as he wore his black coat instead of the one he usually wore.

(Name), I hope I am wrong about this. He fearfully thought.

.

Dazai looked at the lush emerald grass, “I don’t know why you insisted to come here? You won’t find anything.” Chuuya said discontentedly.

“I know but it won't kill to look does it?” Dazai said. He noticed something glitter in the grass, he quietly shifted away from Chuuya and went to investigate. What he saw made his spine chill.

“Impossible.” He whispered as he picked up the blue charm necklace that he gave when he discovered to whom it used to belong to, the only thing that he found at Diana’s house that belonged to your grandmother.

For a moment everything stood perfectly still, there was nothing else beside him and that blue necklace. “I knew it.” He whispered in the wind.

What have you done, (Name)? Dazai thought.                                 
.

“You’ve done exceptionally well, (Name).” Shibusawa clapped his hands.

You clutched to the side of your head in pain. “Why kill so many innocent people? Why are you making me do this?” you asked in pain.

Shibusawa scoffed, “because you are my little puppet, and the puppet has no dealings with what the puppet master does. Take this!” he tossed you a pill, “it will ease the pain.”

You took the pill and threw it out of sight. “I won’t let you drug me again.” You yelled, “Make no mistake, once I break free from your influence you better make sure you put some distance between you and me. Because I am going to make you bleed, but not die.” You threatened.

“You think I haven’t been tortured before? What can you possibly do that I haven’t endured?” he said as he folded his arms, amused by your threat.

“The kind of torture I have for you won’t be like anything you have experienced before. I can assure you of that.” You said with a cheeky smirk.

“Well, I for one can’t wait to see you try.” He taunted. “And as for my torture... how do you like to visit an old friend of yours? Such a rear and powerful gift he has, I wonder what will be the outcome if the both of you fought to the death?” he said.

Your eyes widen when you realized that he wanted you and Atushi to fight. “You malevolent old filth.” You cured as he walked away. Blood started dripping from the side of your mouth, you were in pain.

“I suggest you take that pill, before you die.” He called out right before he disappeared.

“Screw you!” You coughed.

“You have so much strength and yet you yielded yourself to him, I wonder why?” Fyodor said from behind you.

“I didn’t yield myself to anyone. You both took everything from me. My strength, my ability, my mind and mostly you took my family away from me. Dazai must be shouldering so much,” you clutched to your heart, “what’s he thinking about me right now? He must think I abandoned him.” you whispered.

Fyodor looked at you, “I never understood the concept of having a family. The people closest to us are most likely to betray us. That sought of pain lasts longer than the pain a friend could inflict.” He said making you look at him. “And that’s why I never bothered to have one, seems like you just put yourself at risk for the worst pain you will live with.”

“Well that might be true on so many levels, I believe you are wrong. In a family you grow your character, I believe that the person you are is the very person you imitated as a child. See, no one can get really far without someone in their lives. We all depend on one another that’s what life is… and as for family, none is perfect. Hell, my childhood was never bright in any way, but growing up I believed that I will meet someone very special someone who I will call family. And I did…” you smiled.

“And what if the pain outweighs the prize? What then, you can only endure so much until you crumble. Better to stay away than to cause yourself unnecessary pain.” He said as his gaze only seemed to intensify.

“You are wrong. If you can’t endure pain, disguise your pain. Fake it till you make it.” You answered, “And if you find your whole world crumbling, just remember that there is someone out there ready to grab your hand when you sink. I know by now that Dazai is looking for me, he will never leave me.” You said with hope.

Fyodor smiled in amusement then left you alone to wallow in your pain.

I know he’ll come for me. You thought as you collapsed on the floor and hugs your body while silently praying that the pain goes away.    

#######

Marry Christmas eve...

And a happy new year to come. Crazy to think we are heading off to 2020, soon it will be 2029.