Deinofelis .v. Megalainia

The cenozoic dawned. Just as the tyrannosaurus were locked in fighting ankylosaurus, triceratops and torosaurus, their nemesis arrived. Space and time had teamed up to end a dynasty. An asteroid flew down and caused huge infernos, tsunamis and loss of plant and animal life, resulting in the dinosaurian destruction. The mammals grew and grew, and when Australopithecus evolved in the little plains, grew to kill them. Among the murderers were deinofelis and megalania, who both preyed on our ancestors. This is the battle between these two.

Megalania advantages:
Bigger?
Tougher skin
Stronger bite
More advanced

Deinofelis advantages:
More agile?
Faster?
More intelligent?

Battle scenario time!
The deinofelis ran the open plains. Then, amongst a branch, was something lurking. Then it jumped up and tried to bite deinofelis. This was megalania. It jumped up and bit deinofelis. Then, it retaliated and bit megalania. Suddenly, its teeth broke and megalania bit again. They tussled for long until suddenly the megalania bit the deinofelis' neck and killed it. Megalania wins!

Verdict: with the skin of a reptile and the place in time of an aboriginal, you would expect megalania to win. However, anybody could win in this cenozoic battle!