Crimson Carnations [Edelgard x Male!Reader]

For an amazing friend named ChelleBug10 who I love dearly. Merry Christmas! Happy Hannukah! Joyous Kwanza!

also highkey Edelgard is female Light Yagami and Dimitri is L. But this time I'm rooting for Edelgard over L.

STORYTIME!

You know that these flowers are her absolute favorite. That's why you were growing them in the back of the greenhouse. You smiled as they stood proud and tall. These were deep red carnations. Her favorite color and her favorite flower. The garden keeper thought it was sweet what you were doing. You were just a nobody student from the Black Eagles house. But maybe Edelgard will notice you if you give her some of her favorite flowers.

"She's absolutely going to love them (name)."

The garden keeper crouched down next to you, smoking her normal warm smile. Not her canon name, but the author likes to call her Terabithia because he loves that movie. So let's call the Garden Keeper Terabithia. She was a sweetie and was really supportive of you. You spend most of your time here in the greenhouse and fishing pond area anyways, so you got to know her well. She's a great wingwomam, even though she's Aro/Ace. 

"Yeah, if only I could find a way to give them to her."

"Maybe through a letter st her doorstep? Or leave them on her desk during clsss? Edelgard doesn't seem like someone who likes hiding though. You should probably give her the flowers, tell her directly, and ask if she'd like to get to know you better over tea or something like that. At least, I think that's Howe romance works. I'm Aro, not exactly the best person to ask."

"Ha! Too true. You're right though. I should man up and just tell her how it is and if she rejects me... I'm probably going to shut myself in my room for three weeks crying into a bowl of ice cream. So wish me luck!"

"Alright, Bye (name)! I hope she says yes!"

You took a few of the precious blooms and arranged them in your hands. Three gorgeous crimson carnations. Edelgard is going to love these. You took a deep inhale and started heading towards the Black Eagles Classroom. She's bound to be in there, right? Probably talking to Hubert about something or bickering with Ferdinand and telling him to shut up.

You pass by several familiar faces. Some friends you know from the mage's school (you were sent there because of... reasons... you're Imperial Loyal through and through) and some people you always hear their names in conversation. Paying them no mind, you find yourself pleasantly surprised. Edelgard and Dorothea are having a pleasant chat. Dorothea noticed you, Edelgard's back being towards the entrance, and she allowed herself a brief giggle.

"See, now aren't I right? It appears as a young gentleman wants to talk to you. I'll be taking my leave now~"

She walked past Edelgard, who turned around with a confused yet reddened face. Oh? What we're they thing about just now? You wouldn't pry, but you'd Ben a liar if you said you weren't the least bit curious. The flirtatious, aggressively bisexual opera singer sent you a wink and a soundless word of encouragement before she slipped out of the classroom. You had no idea how to think of these unfolded events.

"Give her no mind! She's talking nonsense as she normally does. It's (name), right? Did you have something to discuss with me? Perhaps something more meaningful to the Black Eagle House?"

She was speaking fast. It was absnormal to see her this flustered. It was really cute. Dorothea must've been taking about something kind of embarassing. Maybe romance? You shook it off, holding the crimson flowers behind your back. The fact she remembered your name... it meant a lot to you. It gave you a little bit of hope that maybe this might give you a small chance. Like getting a crit off one percent. Like how Hilda does it.