Feelings Are Fatal [Peri x Reader]

The first girl I ever married in Fire Emblem Fates was Peri. I just personally found her really cute and a useful unit and I actually made her the Lord Class from the Awakening DLC and she was Broken

"(Name), I have something we really should discuss. I'm private if possible. Sorry Selena."

You were pulled out of a pleasant conversation with your good friend Selena when Laslow put his hand on your shoulder and talked in a low voice. His face was kind of pale and his hair was messy, yet he still wore his signature smile. Selena crossed her arms and huffed. It's not like she wanted to talk to you! It's just that nobody around here will tell her if something doesn't look good on her and that's really annoying!

"Oh, yeah okay. Sorry Selena."

You let Laslow drag you away from the plaza because apparently this was something so drastic that nobody can know what's going on. You both stood behind the Dusk Armory and Laslow ran a hand through his hair, letting the facade drop because he was really stressed out. Oh gods, if Laslow is stressed out then you knew you should definitely be stressed out. 

"(Name) it's Peri. I've never seen her like this. She cries and she talks about killing everyone who gets in someome's way, but she's not screaming or loud like she normally is. She seems depressed and she refuses to let anyone talk to her, even me and Prince Xander. I'm trying everything, it pains me to see a woman frown for this long. You're the only other person I could imagine that could make her feel better."

"Peri's depressed? Like she's not overly expressive of her emotions like normal? I... I can't imagine that at all. Take me to her."

"This way."

Laslow started power walking like the closet aggressive Bisexual he is and you matched his pace, maybe moving a bit faster. You had this determination mixed with this overwhelming worry. Was Peri okay? Was she sick? Was she mentally ill? Was she hurt? You couldn't bear to see her hurt. She's always covered in blood, but you took comfort in knowing the blood wasn't her own. Your breathing hastened as you hurried to be at Laslow's direct side when you approached... Xander's Private Quarters?

Laslow opened the door, not needing to knock, and Prince Xander was pacing back and forth with his arms held behind his back. He was also extremely stressed. He saw Laslow enter with you and sighed a breath of relief, halting in his tracks. There was a closed door, obviously to his bedroom, behind him. Peri must be in there. You have to see her. You need to see her. You have to make sure she was okay.

"(Name), thank goodness you're here. I trust that Laslow has told you the entirety of then situation?"

"Where is she? I have to see her."

Xander stared you in the eye. He didn't say anything. You didn't break eye contact. You showed him your determination. It was like he was the overprotective dad and you're the suitor determined to marry his youngest daughter. Xander turned around and unlocked the door from the outside as loudly as the lock could be to alert Peri that someone was coming in. It was as though Xander knew something that noether you not Laslow did not. Xander stepped out of the way, watching you with his cold eyes. Laslow gave you a pat on the back, knowing it was his time to leave.

"Take care of her for me, okay? Make her smile again."

You nodded and walked into the room, giving Xander a comforting nod too. Peri was on his bed, all the blankets thrown off and she was cuddling a pillow. No, she was spooning it. Her pigtails were down and her bangs covered her face. Her legs wrapped around a second pillow. She wore nothing but some short black shorts and a pale ash gray tank top. She barely lifted her head when she say you walk into the room. Her mascara ran as though she'd been crying, but she clearly had no more tears to cry. Your heart shattered in your chest.

You walked up to her, gently sitting down on the corner of the bed. You can't beleive it. She really is depressed. She sniffled, trying to wipe the black off her eyes, but she didn't bother to sit up or move at all. Xander closed the door, trusting you. You have no idea what to say, but you need to make sure she leaves this room happy again.

"Peri? Do you wanna maybe sit up and talk to me?"

Peri sat up in less time than you could count to one after finishing your question. She kicked away the pillow between her legs and hugged the second pillow to her chest, scooting over to where you were on the bed so her legs could dangle off the side and her shoulders were almost touching yours. Her hair was so messy, tangled, and knotted it was almost impossible to imagine it in her normal cute pigtails.

"Hey (nickname)? Would you like me more if I didn't kill nobody?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Would you like Peri more if Peri didn't kill innocent people? Would you love Peri if she stopped killing all together and just focused on her cooking? Would you like her if she's talked to Odin and had him cure me of killing so I wouldn't do it no more? Would you love Peri more if she were an entirely different person?"

You were so taken aback. Peri rested her head on your shoulder, nonchalantly saying these things as if she didn't know what kinds of things could be interpreted from what she's saying. Like her more? Love her more? Why should that matter when she should do what makes her happy? Well, the killing innocent people thing really needs to be worked upon, but the entire country of Nohr needs a skilled cavalier like her to take charge on the battlefield and win the war. And being on the battlefield makes her happy, so why should she change that?

"Peri, why would you ever think something like that? Don't say such stupid things."

"But Selena and Camilla and Soleil and others girls all tell me that people like girls who don't murder for fun, and people like girls who are pretty and nice and stay at home and cook for them and clean for them and have lots of children and are good mommies. And I want to be a girl that people like, I want to be a girl that (nickname) likes. What does Peri have to do to become a girl (nickname) likes?"

She has feelings for you. She's sad because she thinks she's not a girl you would love. She hugged herself as if she was gonna cry, but no wails nor tears came out. Unlike when She normally cries, they were silent tears. You've never seen her this quiet and this depressed before. It upset you to see her upset like this. If unrequited feelings are like this, able to kill off what makes a person special and lovable, then damn.... feelings are fatal.

"Nothing. Absolutely nothing Peri. You know why?"

"No?"

"Because Peri's already a girl that (nickname) likes. I already love you Peri, so why would you ever get yourself depressed of something so silly?"

You took your hand and brushed her bangs from her face and smiled. Her eyes were shining like precious stones, like wet paint on a canvas, like the stars in the glorious Nohrian night sky. She was worrying herself sick for no reason. She didn't have to worry about that. She's so spontaneous, she's so talented, she's so devoted, and she's so determined. Why wouldn't you love her? You wanted her to smile. You wanted her to feel confident like always. You wanted her to feel like a princess.

"Peri, I love you. I don't need you to be anything you don't want to be. Yes, there are things we both can work on. We both have things that are bad and we both have flaws that we need to work with. But when you love someone, you learn to deal with the flaws, because what you love about the person means so much more, is worth so much more, than what flaws the person you love has. I love you, Peri. So please give me your smile. I want to see you smile."

And she smiled. She did it. She giggled and she smiled and her entire face lit up with all the color that left when she cried. It was as if all that depression never happened. You leaned over and pressed a kiss on her forehead. You loved her, you loved her so much. She deserved to feel happy and feel loved. You never wanted her to get quiet like that again. You wanted to protect her from those bad feelings. The ones that are fatal.

1510 Words

I really like Peri. She's a cutie and I feel like she'd be a good mother. She'd play with the kids and cook food. The only big thing is her impulse control with her killing, but I feel like if she loves her family she would refrain from doing anything like that. She has stated many times she would never hurt the people she loves. I just really love this girl.

Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Remus