one kiss

The loud sounds of snoring came from the other room. Evie, Mal, and Uma rushed to Evie's designing room. On the floor, asleep, was Doug.

"Uh, who's the dude?" Uma asked, pointing towards Doug.

"Doug." Evie exclaimed, before rushing over to him. She knelt next to him and hit his shoulder repeatedly. "Doug. Wake up. Wake up."

"He's spelled. Is she not a fast learner?" Uma asked Mal.

"She's emotionally involved, okay?" Mal defended. Uma rolled her eyes. Orion appeared behind them.

"Found him like this when I got here. I made sure to lock the windows and doors for safety reason." Orion said. Mal nods.

"Well, in that case, she should be able to wake him up." Evie look up at Uma in confusion. "True love's kiss. Works every time."

"Well, we haven't actually used the "L" word yet." Evie told her, nervously. Uma rolled her eyes. Evie leaned in a little on Doug before backing away to look her friends. "Can we be alone?"

Mal, Orion, and Uma left the doorway per Evie's request. Evie stroke Doug head softly. She stood up and grabbed a heart-shaped pin cushion from a chair. She tossed it to the side and sat on the chair.

Evie (Mal and Uma):
♫Don't freak out, it's okay
♫'Cause true love can save the day
♫And I think we feel the same
♫But I don't know
♫When we met, it was sweet
♫He was oh so into me
♫Seems like things are meant to be
♫But I don't know

♫Does he love me? Or does he love me not?
♫Do I love him? And is it strong enough?

Mal and Uma stood at the doorway and watched to see if Doug would wake up.

♫One kiss, (one kiss)
♫It all comes down to this
♫One kiss, (one kiss)
♫Ohh
♫One kiss, (one kiss)♫
♫This moment could be it
♫I, I, I wanna know
♫So here I go (go)

It had almost happened. Evie almost kissed Doug but backed away again. Mal and Uma looked at each other disbelief that it's taking to long.

♫Keep it cool, keep it calm
♫Think he's loved me all along
♫But maybe I got it wrong
♫So I don't know (hey)
♫He's so good, got my back
♫But maybe I'm just too bad
♫Could we be a perfect match?
♫Now, I don't know

♫Does he love me? Or does he love me not?
♫Do I love him? And is it strong enough? Ooh-ooh-ooh

♫One kiss, (one kiss)
♫It all comes down to this
♫One kiss, (one kiss)
♫Ohh
♫One kiss, (one kiss)
♫This moment could be it
♫I, I, I wanna know
♫So here I go (go)
♫Yeah, here I go

The girls waited impatiently for the results. Uma checked her nails and Mal bobbed on her feet. Those two decided to leave to the kitchen. Evie ran outside from her studio.

♫I feel my heartbeat beating saying, "It's gonna work"
♫But if I'm dream-dream-dreaming, this is gonna hurt
♫Either I will or I won't
What if I do and he don't?
♫Is he my Romeo?
♫Oh, there's only one, one way to really know

Evie, without help, got Doug on his feet and laid him on the table.

♫Hey, one kiss, one kiss
♫It all comes down to this (one kiss)
♫One kiss, one kiss (one kiss)
♫Ohh
♫One kiss, one kiss
♫This moment could be it
♫I, I, I wanna know (I wanna know)
♫So here I go (go)Here I go
♫Here I go (here I go, here I go)
♫Here I go

Finally, Evie looked at Doug before slowly leaning in. With one kiss could change their whole relationship. Evie leaned in and softly kissed Doug. Doug didn't stir, but snored. Evie moved away with a pain in her heart. Did Doug not have the same feels Evie has for him? This hurt a lot.

Behind Evie, Doug sat up with a smile. Evie felt something off and turned around in time to see Doug fall back down, barely able to contain his laugh. Evie pushed his knee harshly. She went around the corner of the table as Doug sat up. Evie sat on the table with Doug and crossed her arms, not at all liking the joke he pulled. Doug stopped laughing and scooted closer to Evie, bumping her with his shoulder. Evie tried to contain a smile, but failed. She looked at Doug lovingly.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sorry for errors. First update of the new year. 2020 is my year everyone, wish me luck for my last year in high school.