Ch 20 : Muffins

Maria's POV

Finally, all the rituals are over!

We went home the way we came. Everyone was so tired that all directly went to their rooms. I followed zain trying not to give him any reason to shout at me.

He opened the door, threw his shirt on the bed. took his clothes and went to the washroom. I sat on the bed for a while. When I heard the sound of the shower running I went to the changing room. I took out my jewelry and unwore my scarf. I removed my makeup by using the micellar cleansing water. I took out my pj's from the suitcase.

What luck I have! Even after living in a huge freaking mansion, I feel homeless. I miss my own room, my bed, my closet, my everything. I don't even have a place to keep my clothes. Holy heavens, I don't even have a bed.

I turn around and found Zain coming out of the washroom drying his hair with the Towel. There he was standing with no shirt and sweatpants that hang low on his hips, revealing that incredible, deep V.

Man!! Distraction level 10.

I ignored him, and went to the washroom, showered, brushed, and came out. And he was not in the room.

Where is he? Why do I care? Whatever.

I was heading downstairs when I remembered Alisha talking about the roof. I have never gone there, so I decided to go there.

I went upstairs, to the roof, it's December so it's freezing cold outside I took my sweater with me and my phone. When I went up, the view was so amazing and beautiful that words can't explain. Masha Allah. The cold breezes were hitting me hard and I still don't regret coming here. I went near the boundary and stood there taking in the lurid view, it was thrilling as well. Everything looked so small. I wanted to shout my lungs out, but I stopped myself from doing it. I stood there for a couple of minutes and started humming. Feels so good. I explored the roof. There was a wooden table with chairs made of cane. It was designed really beautifully.

This pace would be so romantic for a date.

I brought the chair near the boundary and stood on it. I was feeling that my feet were getting sweaty but didn't care. This was one of my wishes from my bucket list. I spread my arms in the air and was getting that Titanic vibe.

Feel the air. Oh, jack!

" what the fuck are you doing?" hearing a voice I fell on the floor.

Oww!! My butt hurts.

I look up to see and it was none other than my irritating husband.

Why the fuck do you always invade my personal space? C'mon, I need some bloody privacy.

"uh- well actually I was trying to- um - I mean - kate- uh- tita-no I mean" he quirks his eyebrows.

"were you trying to suicide?" he asked coming closer

" nooooo!!" I screamed.

" then?"

I didn't have anything to say so I left.

" Excuse me" I ran from him and looked at him once more before going but got hurt by the bloody door. I literally ran from there and went to my room. I locked it.

Dumbo!! This is his room! Don't lock.

I again unlocked it. I took out my mattress and quickly set my cozy bed. I covered myself fully with my blanket and turned off the lights on my side. I heard the doorknob twisting and didn't look. I knew it was him. He also went to sleep.

Probably.

          *************************.

Zain's POV

"what the fuck are you doing?" I asked her in mere shock.

And that caused her to fall. God! That hurts. I understand. She stood up rubbing her butt.

She was looking so freaking cute.

"uh- well actually I was trying to- um - I mean - kate- uh- tita-no I mean" I get really confused.

"were you trying to suicide?"I know she wasn't but I tried to play a bit.

" nooooo!!" her answer made it clear that she loves herself.

" then? "

She looked everywhere but me. Playing with the hem of her oversized mickey mouse t-shirt.

" Excuse me? "saying that she ran once looking at me but hit herself with the door.

I went to the room and found herself fully covered with the blanket head to toe. Not even her hair was visible.

            **********************
When I woke up, I didn't find her in the room. I showered, changed, and went downstairs. Everyone was present there except her.

Is she avoiding me?

I sat on my chair. Still waiting for her to show up. At last, when she didn't come, I lost it.

How dare she?

I stood up and started leaving.

"Habibi, where are you going?" mama asked from behind.

"office" I said fixing my tie.

" but breakfast?" she asked.

" office" this time I didn't wait for her answer and left.

              **********************
I ordered my breakfast and coffee.

It was 11.30 am and I needed my file which I forgot home. I could have sent my driver but he wouldn't get it.

I went home and crossed the kitchen before going upstairs.

Muffins I love them.

There I found Maria in a bun, wearing an apron. Moving her hips with the beats. Alisha was also there. She was holding the phone and sitting on the counter Looking at her, cooking. They were playing 'shape of you'

" Ahem!" I said distracting her from her wonderland.

"Aaaaaaaaaaaa! holy sh-!" first she shouted and then she cursed.

"not again" she said with a look of 'being fed up'. She said that really softly but I heard it.

After a moment of silence, she spoke
" what are you doing here?" she said looking at the wall clock "that too at this time?"

I was already so frustrated, I didn't want to listen to her.

"I need my coffee in my study!" I ordered and left.

I went up and started looking for my blue file.

Where the fuck is it!

I heard a knock on the door.

"come in" I yelled and Maria came in with a tray of muffins and my coffee.

           **'********************

Maria's POV

I placed the tray on his table. He was looking really busy. So I didn't dare to disturb him. I tiptoed out of the room and that's when I heard a sound and stopped in my way. I saw broken glass on the floor. The pieces were shattered here and there.

"what the fuck is this? Is this even a coffee? Now. What are you looking at? Clean this mess! Now!"

"yes! I'll call someone" I stammered.

"no! You will clean it"

I quickly went down and brought the mop and brush. I went into the study to clean the mess. He was sitting on the chair with his legs crossed. And I was cleaning the floor.

This beast!