Ch29: Zain's Wrath

Zain's POV

I admitted Maria in a nearby hospital. She was totally unconscious. The male doctor welcomed me with a big smile on his face.

"What is your relation with the patient?" the doctor asked me.

"She is my wife" I spoke looking at her and he nodded.

"OK, you stay here, let me check her" he said and took her with the help of two nurses.

After somewhat 40 mins the doctor came out removing his mask.

"How is she now?" I asked him, concern in my voice.

"She is fine now, we have removed alcohol from her body, and gave her sleeping pills after she wakes up, you can take her home" he doctor patted my shoulder and I nodded.

"thank you" I whispered and walked up to her room and saw her through the glasses.

She was laying in that hospital bed.

Why do I have to always face this kind of situation!

I rambled there for some time then I went to get a coffee for myself.

            ***********************

Maria's POV

I woke up with a terrible headache. I have never felt anything like this before. My vision was a little blurry, and after blinking several times, it was fine. First I saw a white blanket over me, then I looked at my surroundings. I saw some monitors, some wires and a couch. A tray on my right which had some bandages, syringe, cotton etc.

One nurse was checking some papers with a board in her hand. When she saw me, she called the doctor.

"Maria. How are you feeling?" the doctor asked me.

"how do you know my name? And why am I here?" I asked him about getting scared.

"calm down, your husband told me your name and he brought you here because you were drugged." he said those words which I wouldn't even imagine.

Drugged? Did I drink alcohol?

Tears automatically started coming down my cheeks. I sucked In a breath.

"are you okay?" he asked looking at me. And I nodded.

"OK, so I have to ask you some questions. Can you answer them?" he asked taking a seat by me.

I nodded again.

"Did you eat or drink anything while you were at that party?" he asked taking a pen and a paper.

"no, I mean yes, a dri-" the words were not coming out. I slowly started remembering everything. How he lied to me, and that man trying to kiss me. I don't know what took in me I was feeling betrayed. Anger, fury, rage everything took place in me. I was so mad at him, that he did all in purpose. He knew that the drink was Drugged than how could he?

The doctor cleared his throat and I was pulled back to reality.

"one drink" I spoke.

"OK" he took the papers and went out.

"how long have I been here?" I asked the nurse.

"it's been 1 and a half-hour" she said.

"What is the time now?" I asked again.

" it's 2.45 at night "she said looking at her watch.

" where is my dress? " I asked her again and this time she was giving me a weird look for asking her too many questions.