Chapter 6

Y/N'S POV – FRIDAY NIGHT SAME WEEK

               I was in my room getting ready for my date with Sebastian, when Ben came running into my room.

"Mommy, mommy, Y/B/F/N is here. Come!"

"I'm coming, sweetheart. Tell aunt Y/B/F/N I'm almost ready. I'll be right there.", I said kneeling down and kissing Ben's head.

            Ben went running to the living room and I went back to my makeup. I had opted for something simple even though Seb had said we were going somewhere fancy. I went with a light smokey eye and red lipstick and the only LBD I had. I paired it all with a pair of black peep toes I had. My hair was down and curled a little more than it already was. I gave one final look at the mirror and headed to the living room, where I could hear Ben giggling.

"Hey, hot mamma. You look amazing!", Y/B/F/N said.

"Thanks. Haven't dressed like this in... well, I've never dressed like this.", I replied laughing.

"Sebastian is a lucky guy. He better be aware of that, otherwise I'll beat his ass."

"Easy there, officer Y/B/F/L/N."

"Is he picking you up or are you meeting him there?"

"I'm meeting him there. I can't risk him finding out about Ben just yet."

"You know you have to tell him, right?"

"Yes, but not now. I need to get to know him better and see if he's worth it. I'm doing this for Ben. I don't want him getting attached if Sebastian isn't the right guy."

"I know... I'll be here for you when the time comes for you to tell him. Don't worry."

"Thanks."

"Now go. We don't want to keep Prince Charming waiting, do we?"

"No..."

"See you later. Enjoy your date.", Y/B/F/N said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Thanks for watching Ben."

"No problem. Bye."

             I made my way to the lobby to call an Uber. Ten minutes later I was inside the car and headed to the restaurant. I texted Seb I was on my way and he told he was almost there already. Fifteen minutes later I arrived at the restaurant. I greeted the receptionist and told her a friend was waiting for me at a table. She asked me his name.

 "Sebastian. He probably arrived not so long ago." 

"So you're the lucky lady... table 21. I'll take you there." 

             She showed me the way and there he was. Sebastian was looking REALLY good. He wore a white shirt and a black slacks and his hair was a little gelled. He saw me and waved as I approached the table. I just gave him a nervous smile.

 "Hey, beautiful."

             I blushed. Boy, this guy really makes me blush.

"You look cute when you're blushing."

 "Th-thanks."

 "I mean it." 

                 We sat down and the waitress handed us our menus.

               Our food finally arrived. As we ate, we talked about everything. From our careers to our favorite colour and from our families to our apartments. We pretty much covered every topic. I told him pretty much everything, except for Ben. We finished eating and asked for dessert. We ended up deciding on sharing some brownie with ice cream. While we were eating, his hand accidentally (or not) touched mine. Those thousands of Volts I had felt before came rushing like a flood. Sebastian looked up at me. Those blue eyes were so distracting and somehow provocative. I quickly cast my eyes down.

 "I've had enough dessert. You go ahead and finish it." 

"Okay..." 

              After he finished, he called the waitress and asked for the check. As if sensing what I was going to do, he said:

 "No way! My treat." 

"But- " 

"No buts."

 "Thanks... "

 "My pleasure, Y/N/N."

                As we headed outside, he asked if it was ok with me if we shared an Uber. He would drop me off at my place and then head to his. He said he would feel better knowing that he personally took me home. He didn't want me running any risks. Heart of gold. I ended up agreeing. There was no saying no to those puppy blue eyes. Once inside the car, silence filled the air. Neither of us uttered a sound. 

"I-", we both said at the same time.

 "You go first.", I said, "Please."

 "Y/N/N, I had a wonderful time tonight. You have no idea how nervous I was and-"

 "You were nervous?!?" 

"Why the surprise?"

 "You just seem like someone who oozes confidence."

 "I normally do, but this time is different. I don't know why, it just is." 

"That's kinda cute..." 

                As I said that, Sebastian looked up and placed a hand on my cheek, caressing it with his thumb. He leaned in and very slowly began to close the gap between us, but he was stopped by the car halting.

 "We're here, sir.", the driver said. 

                    I sighed. 

"Goodnight, Sebastian."

             I kissed his cheek and ran out the car before anything else could happen.

           Once I locked the door of my apartment, I leaned on the door and thought about what had just happened. What a night! I had felt so many new emotions during those few hours, especially on our ride home. The way he touched my cheek and leaned in. Was he really trying to kiss me? I pushed the thought away and headed to Ben's room. He was asleep, and so was Y/B/F/N on the floor by his side. I poked her and told her she could go home.

"Hey... you can go home."

"I'm staying. How was the date?", she said yawning.

"Amazing, but I'll tell you more about it tomorrow."

"Okay..."

SEBASTIAN'S POV

          Here I am laying in bed and allI can think about is Y/N/N and her smile. I don't know how, but her eyes seemed to shine when she smiled. And then that kiss that almost happened... I stretched my arm and grabbed my phone. 

I really had a wonderful time, Y/N/N : ) I know you were kinda scared when I asked you out, but I want you to know that I'd love to do it again and that you can always count on me. 

            Typing. 

I had a great time too : ) Don't hesitate on calling me when you need to, that's what friends are for. 

           As I turned around in bed, I realized I was falling for this woman.