Chapter 10

Y/N'S POV – TWO MONTHS LATER

             Sebastian and I had been going out on dates and hanging out at each other's apartment  for two months. We got closer and closer after each date and dinner, but, most importantly, he was getting closer and closer to Ben. He was the closest thing to a father Ben has ever had, and that made me so happy. But it also scared me... as much as I'd like it, Ben couldn't get attached cause Seb would never be his father.

           I was about to head home after a long day at work when my boss called me to tell we had another case. Crap. I wouldn't be able to take Ben home until I came back. There was nobody I could call right now. Unless... Sebastian. Sebastian was the perfect person to look after Ben. I grabbed my phone and dialed his number.

"Hey, lovely, how you doing?"

"Hey... I need a favor."

"Anything for my best-friend's momma."

"Stop...", I chuckled, "I'm serious."

"Okay... shoot."

"Are you free tonight?"

"Yeah... why?"

"Could you watch Ben tonight? My boss just called me in for another case and I can't make it back home..."

"Of course! Do you want me to stop by at the precinct to get your keys?"

"Yes, I'd love that! How soon can you stop by?"

"Twenty minutes."

"I'll have left by then so I'm leaving my keys at the front desk, is that ok?"

"Sure. Anything I need to keep in mind while watching your little man?"

"Just make sure he eats everything on his plate. I made some veggie lasagna and fish the other day. It's in the freezer, you just have to put it in the microwave. And don't put him to bed too late. I'll text you once I'm done. Thanks again. I owe you."

"Nah... anything for my little man."

"You really like Ben, don't you?"

"Yes I do. He's really grown on me... I sometimes have to remind myself he's not mine."

"I... I... I need to go. Text me if you need anything."

"Okay... bye."

            I hung up and went to the front desk to give them my keys and explain the whole situation.

SEBASTIAN'S POV

            I arrived at the precinct and made my way to the front desk just as Y/N/N had instructed me. I told them my name and showed them my ID and soon I was on my way to get Ben at his school. I arrived there and he was already at the gate. He ran into my arms and hugged me tightly. I was still hugging him when his teacher approached me.

"Excuse, sir, but who are you? Are you the father? Do you have permission to get him at school?"

"No, I'm not the father...", I sighed.

"Then why are you here?"

"Y/N is my- a friend and she asked me to get him today cause she got caught up at work. She must have forgotten to tell you guys."

"I'll need to call her."

"No, need. I'll call her."

            I grabbed my phone and called Y/N/N. I explained the situation to her and handed my phone to Ben's teacher so they could talk. A few minutes later she gave me back my phone and told me that everything was ok and that from now on I was authorized to pick up Ben at school. I couldn't help but feel a little bit like a father right now. I picked Ben up in my arms and called an Uber and we headed to Y/N/N's apartment. Ben couldn't contain himself the entire ride when I explained to him I'd be staying with him until his mother came back. His genuine smile warmed my heart so much.