Chapter 11

*WARNING/ TRIGGER: This chapter will contain mentions of rape, but no graphic depictions or anything.

3rd PERSON POV

"Sebastian,", Y/N said walking right to the couch where he was seated, "what is this BS Ben tells me that you love me?"

"I... I... damn it. I'm just gonna tell you, Y/N."

"Tell me what?", Y/N challenged.

"That I'm head-over-heels in love with you and that it's not BS. Y/N, I can't stop thinking about you. You're driving me mad."

"Stop messing with me, Seb."

"I'm not. I really do love you. You and Ben."

"It can't-"

"And when Ben asked me today if I was his father, it broke my heart to have to tell him I'm not. All I've wanted ever since I've met Ben is be a part of his life. You have no idea what he means to me. You both mean so much to me. And I really hope you believe me when I say it."

"How? How can you possibly love me? Something's wrong here. I'm a young single-mother who's been through shit and you say you love me? Forgive me if I have a hard time believing you."

              Seb took a step closer and put a hand on her cheek. It fit perfectly, like it had always belonged there.

"You don't owe me any explanation. I'm here for you in whatever way you need and if you want to just forget about it, that's fine with me. But I want you to know that you can trust me with anything. Always."

"Seb..."

"Y/N/N, tell me everything that has happened to you and let me love you anyways."

"I-Okay...", she said putting her hand on top of his.

              Y/N/N stared down at her lap before bringing her eyes up to meet his. She took his hand and brought him back to the couch. She took a big breath and began to tell him her story.

"About six years ago I went to the store around the corner and was walking back home when out of nowhere this man grabs me and drags me to a dark alley. I screamed very loud, but I guess everyone around me was so oblivious. I tried to kick too, but the guy was stronger than me. You can guess what happened next..."

"He... he-"

             As he trailed off, tears formed in her eyes and blurred her vision. A soft whimper came out of her. It broke Sebastian's heart to see her so upset over this, but she finished.

"Yes. Nine months later Ben was born. At first, I didn't take the news well at all. I cried myself to sleep several nights, mad that the morning-after pill hadn't worked and that I was stuck with the fruit of this horrible act, but after a few days I finally agreed to do an ultrasound and that's when everything changed. I got to see that tiny little thing growing inside of me and listen to his heartbeat. From that moment on I knew I would love my son unconditionally."

"Oh, Y/N/N,", Sebastian cooed. He couldn't believe how someone could ever hurt the beautiful woman sitting next to him. "I'm so sorry."

           In that moment, Sebastian wanted nothing more than to press his lips on hers... to let her know how much he cared for her and that he'd never hurt her, but she was so vulnerable right now and he didn't want to take advantage of her. So instead, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in for a long hug.

"It's okay... I'm better now. I have Ben."

"I'm just so amazed at how after everything you've been through and seen you're still such a strong and loving person."