ʄཞıɛŋɖʂ

Steve was standing alone in a church in London after the funeral of Peggy Carter. Nat walks into the church and stands next to him. "When I came out of the ice, I thought everyone I had known was gone." Steve starts. "Then I found out she was alive. I was just lucky to have her."

"She had you back, too." Nat says.

"Who else signed?"

"Tony, Rhodey, Vision."

"Clint?"

"Says he's retired."

"The triplets?"

"TBD. Although Y/n seems pretty against it. I'm off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. There's plenty of room on the jet." Steve sighs. "Just because it's the path of least resistance doesn't mean it's the wrong path. Staying together is more important than how we stay together."

"What are we giving up to do it? I'm sorry, Nat. I can't sign it."

"I know."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"I didn't want you to be alone." She pulls him into a hug.

°•.•°°•.•°°•.•°

"I'm not signing." Y/n says as she stands by her bedroom window. Pietro lounges on her bed and Wanda stands near her.

"Neither am I." Pietro says.

"What about you, Sister?"

"I don't know. If we do, we're controlled. If we don't, they come after us." Wanda says.

"Then let them come." Pietro sits up on his sister's bed and smirks. "I'm not afraid."

"Yes, you are." Y/n says.

He rolls his eyes. "Well, maybe a bit. But not for myself. For you both."

"We're all scared for each other. That's our job." Y/n gives them a half smile.

"Do you smell that?" Pietro asks suddenly.

"Smells like Vision needs your help, Wanda." Wanda rolls her eyes as she walks out and her brother and sister share a laugh.

"A pinch of paprika'." Vision stands at the stove with a pot of food, a recipe in his hand and plates of spices around. "A pinch." He looks over and pinches a red powdery spice and puts it into the pot.

"Is that paprikash?" Wanda asks as she walks into the kitchen.

"I thought it might lift your spirits."

She picked up the spoon he was cooking with and tasted it as he moved around her. She smiled at him. "Spirits lifted."

"In my defense, I haven't actually eaten anything before, so..."

"May I?"

"Please." He says a bit relieved. She takes his place at the stove and looks at the spices. He steps back and watches her for a moment before looking away. "Wanda?" She hummed in acknowledgement. "No one dislikes you, Wanda."

"Thanks."

"Oh, you're welcome. No, it's an involuntary response in their amygdala. They can't help but be afraid of you."

"Are you?"

"My amygdala is synthetic, so..." He shrugs a bit as he sits on the stool in front of where she's cooking and she laughs.

"I used to think of me and my siblings one way. But after this..." She trails a red mist around her hand. "We are something else. I am something else. I'm still me, I think, but... That's not what everyone else sees."