chapter sixty-three | amazing things are happening.

BRANDY.

"Monica, I really like your living room." Brandy complimented as she got up from the table, walking over to the couch and taking a seat.

"Haha, really?" Monica arched her brow, she had both of their plates in her hands as she enters the kitchen to wash them in the sink

They just got finished eating philly cheesesteak with fries for dinner.

"You don't think so?" Brandy asked, sitting up and grabbing the photo frame from off the table. It was a picture of a baby Monica and the lady who was holding her. She quickly assumed that was her mother.

She's been a beauty all her life, Brandy thought as she chuckles to herself. She looks at the photo for another minute before putting it down and went on to play with her braids.

"Nope, my mom helped me pick out furniture when I first got my apartment." Monica answered as she walk out of the kitchen, drying off her hands and heading over to where Brandy was located.

"I wanted to get the purple set but, my mom said it looked ugly and got this for me instead. Which also look ugly." Monica laughed afterwards.

"You know, you are old enough to make your own decisions." Brandy pointed out as Monica nod, sighing.

"Yeah, but, I had to lie. It was the only thing to do to make her happy."
Monica look at her nails.

"Have you talk to your parents?" She then asked before the room could be filled with silence.

Brandy shook her head. It's been days since she tried to get in contact with them. She decided to leave them alone cause it got to the point where it was becoming annoying.

"Oh, well, I had ask my boss at the job I'm working at if they were hiring. She just let go one of her employees. They use to be a store helper?"
Monica tells her as Brandy turned her head towards her.

"Foreal?" Brandy asked as she nodded her head.

"We can go up there tomorrow and get you interviewed. I believe she's going to hire you once she sees you, you have such a beautiful personality." Monica smiles.

Brandy smiled back.
"Wow, I'm so excited about this."

"Mhm, we're going to be working side by side and if any of them chicken heads, especially her daughter. Even though it was my first day, she was going to get surprised by these hands. I call her manager junior cause' she thinks she is in control of the store. She ain't nothing but a cashier who wears wigs before the customers try them on."
Monica laughs.