'JUNG HOSEOK'

⠀» [𝐀𝐢𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐩𝐭𝟏; 𝐣𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞] »

0:00 ─〇───── 0:00

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"Areum-ah...listen to me, sweetie." The dearest person to Areum; her dear mother, stopped her from exiting from the back door instead of the front.

Her pleasing voice that Areum always felt like music to her ears ever since, wasn't of a great help either.

Areum's face timid as always. Eunji looked at her daughter, signaling her to have a seat on the couch beneath.

Obeying the requested, Areum carefully placed herself on the couch and kept her eyes stuck to the rug beneath.

An abrupt realization hit her just as she saw a vague white stain on her mother's favorite blood-red rug.

It took birth when Areum had accidentally spilt her vanilla milk while trying to play it off cool after almost tripping over the television remote once.

The silly memory made her smile discreetly; A rare experience for her.

"Areum...till when are you going to behave like you've got no heart, sweetie?"

Her mother's soothing voice pulled Areum out the little flashback she was dreaming of.

Upon listening to the same question that now, seemed to be more of a plea, Areum gently rolled her eyes, landing them upon her mom's petite structure.

"Mom, not again, please."

A long sigh escaped her mother's lips; once again. Areum stood up to what Eunji had expected; a heartless response from her only daughter.

Still not giving up, she held onto her daughter's arm and looked into her hazel orbs.

"Areum, I know that you don't want to trust people anymore, but that's not how the world works, my baby. You need to give into people's intentions sometimes, but that's only to save your own self. Distancing yourself from the whole world will only worsen things for you, Areum."

Only if Areum wasn't that concerned about losing her dignity and self-respect in the society once again, she surely would've conspired with her mother's consent.

But unfortunately, that wasn't the case here.

"Mom, I'll be late for the practice." She announced, before leaving the house with a heavy heart.

||~~~||

"So before beginning today's class, I would like you to meet a new friend. So please treat him well, 12-H!"

The teacher instructed his students about treating the new student well.

Irritating gossips began growing through the classroom; people discussing their personal assumptions regarding the new student and a manly figure appeared from behind the sliding doors of the classroom.

He was pretty tall to be ticked off in their range of age.

Seemed a bit apprehensive, but his gaze informed otherwise.

Fiddling with his fingers, the young guy adjusted himself in front of the whole class.

His pitch-black strands above, obeyed to the wind's free flow.