WHY DO I CARE?

"Does it have to be so wild?" The drowsy figure seated right next to the banging window glass, softly questioned herself.

The day-star was almost oblivious now and the clouds wept inhumanly.

The silence gradually got swept away as more and more students began making appearances in the formerly empty classroom.

It was quite odd that the female's eyes were slightly glancing at the wooden door across from her, most probably looking for something.

Or someone.

"Hoseok! What's up, bro!" Someone should've seen those emotionless eyes sparkle upon that specific statement.

Trying not to make it obvious, Areum looked back at her backpack slumped over her desk, taking short glances at him.

"Exams are up in a week, man. You're gonna leave us all behind, aye!"

He joked, sliding his hands inside the warm pockets of his maroon filled trousers.

Unexpectedly, Namjoon diverted his eyes towards Areum's awkward frame seated right behind them, sheepishly smiling his thought off.

Pointing at her, he began; "She is the one who leaves us all behind, Seok. Ask her to shower some mercy upon us all :))"

Namjoon's mocking smirk was slowly dismissed after seeing Areum's almost expressionless face.

Honestly, the joke wasn't that bad, but her outer self said otherwise.

The unwanted tension was stagnant in the thick air while Areum seemed to be completely unbothered by it.

The only thing that was genuinely bothering her was the 'School's slut' checking Hoseok out from behind, with absolutely no shame.

From her peripheral vision, she could see her tongue slide over those excessively red lips of hers.

For the first time in her remembrance, she truly wanted to smack that vulgar look off Yuri's caked-up face, but she held back. Instead, she;

"Eyes to yourself, b*tch."

The whole class fell silent for a couple of minutes. In fact, Areum was quite surprised with her self but didn't let it show at any cost.

"Excuse, me?"

The tough female didn't even bother turning her head around or answer her bafflement.

Instead, her stern gaze was purposely staring into space; her tightly folded arms never set loose.

"I'm talking to you! Aw, you deaf?"

Every expression on her face just symbolized falsity.

Areum could feel her chest on fire when Yuri slammed her bony palm over her desk, resulting in it to wobble a bit.

"Mind your own business, Yuri", with her teeth gritted firmly, she warned.

"Wow! Do you think I'm like the others? A scaredy-cat, huh?"

Yura's dangerous steps collided with the chilly floor, closely approaching Areum's raging posture.

She elided her own statement just to fill in an unwanted scoff communicating sarcasm, before continuing;

"This mysterious personality of yours, these tomboyish preferences that you have, your ice-cold behavior, nothing scares me, Kang Areum. So, I would suggest you to stop assuming me as one of your 'preachers'. You get that?"

She stated, quoting into thick air.

Hoseok's body was held back by Hyojong's strong arms, as he softly whispered in Hoseok's ear;