CRAMPS

» [𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞; 𝐁𝐨𝐥𝟒] «

0:00 ─〇───── 0:00

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Areum clasped the buckle of her winter boots, heading out for her evening shift at the restaurant. She held her bag pack close to her chest, preventing it from falling off as she bent over the coffee table to grab her bus card.

It was indeed going to be long night as the trustees of the restaurant who were going to pay a visit during her shift hours.

But for Areum, it was an opportunity to do her best. She was pumped to show off something she had as an innate talent, for the first time in her parent's memory.

"It's gonna be 9 tonight as well, right...?"

Areum slowed her movements, turning around to look at her father; worry drawn all over his face.

'Yes dad. I'm sorry but tonight's gonna be a long one too.'

With her head already providing an honest answer to the question, she just stood there, unable to form it into practical fragments. 

By the guilt possessing almost every muscle of her face, Areum's father let out a loud sigh while closely walking towards his daughter. Placing a hand on her shoulder, which certainly did make a weird sound due to the puffy jacket on her frame, he looked in her eyes, opening his mouth;

"Just take care and try to not make us worried, Areum", more like a plea, her dad stated.

To this, all she could do was allow her lips to break out into a reassuring smile, agreeing to what he had pleaded for.

Although the fact that her workplace was quite distant from where she lived wasn't astray to her parents, they didn't possess her freedom at any point in time.

All they wanted was the assurance of their daughter's security all through.

Especially after the incident three years ago, that almost stole their calm.

//---//

The melodious bells tingled her ears from above the metallic doorframe. Areum had always been a great fan of the sounds that they made whenever a new customer visited them.

To her, it was a new beginning of a fresh recipe, and fresh project, fresh enthusiasm and what not! You name it.

Greeting the manager who was smiling from behind the ceramic countertop, Areum made her way straight to the locker room, changing her outfit in an instant.

Something that she didn't quite notice, was that her menstrual date a edging the corner.

Usually, she would be all ready with every single necessity required, before hand. But this time, it just seemed to slip away this month.

Totally oblivious to what fate has prepared for her, she balled her fists in the air, ready to give her all for the night.

//---//

"Oww...", she groaned.

The somewhat familiar yet nasty sensation in her lower abdomen, made the female hunch down a bit, cursing under her breath.