Chapter 6

The next day..

Yasmine's POV

I still can't believe last night happened. It's just seems to surreal.
-

I was on my way to music class, and noticed a girl crying on the floor just outside the bathroom. I wondered up to her, and she looked like she had just been beaten up.

"Oh my god. Are you ok?"

She didn't say anything, she just put her head down and let out a big sigh.

I helped her up and we went into the bathroom. She looked awful. Her face was full of cuts, pouring with blood and her eye was swollen.

I helped her clean away the liquids and held a cold ice pack to her face. She let out a smile but I could tell she was in pain. Every move she made, she seemed to let out a heavy breath.

"Who did this to you?"

"That stupid bitch, Caitlin." The tone in her voice was weak yet it was full of anger.

"She's such a fake bitch. She thinks everyone loves her, just because she's dating Jai Brooks."

My heart stopped. I couldn't believe what I just heard. Jai has a girlfriend. All the flirting he did with me last night, was all an act. At this point, I was feeling how this girl looked, but I couldn't be so selfish. I pretended I didn't care and carried on helping.

"Why did she do this to you?"

"Because I told her the truth. She hates being proved wrong."

I felt awful. I was working tonight too. This just made me feel even worse.
-

At the café, It was my turn to close it up tonight so I was there till late. Not many customers came in because it was a Wednesday night.

The door opened and the girl from school earlier had just walked in. She sat down at a table and it looked like she was on her own. She was just staring into space.

She had long, brown wavy hair and her eyes were a gorgeous hazel colour. She was beautiful, besides all the cuts on her face.

I walked over to her and sat down. Her face seemed to light up when she saw me.

"Oh my god, hi." She said, a smile was beaming from her face. "I didn't get a chance to introduce myself earlier, I'm Mia. Thank you so much for helping me earlier, I would probably still be lying there if it wasn't for you."

This brought a smile to my face. I loved helping people.

"I'm Yasmine. And no worries, I hope you're feeling better."

"I guess, thank you again."

We then talked for hours, and got each others numbers. By the time she left, it was closing time. So I locked up and walked home, still thinking about Jai.