3. The Bonding

"Adora! Wake up! Now!" I sit up, expecting to see Ezra, but instead, it's Amber. 

"W-what? What's going on?" Amber shakes me hard. 

"Let's go! Adora, now." I'm so confused. 

"What? Amber? Where's Ezra?" Amber's eyes glow in the darkness.

"Excuse me? Who is Ezra? Are you cheating on me?! You bitch!" She slaps my cheek, so hard and forcefully, I fall back. Amber grabs my wrist and pulls me up. "Let's go. You're coming with me, and we're going home."

"N-no. Where are we, what's going on?" Amber whirls on me. I can't even feel the ground, it's as if we're floating in darkness.

"No? Who do you think you are?!" She hits me again, and this time I collapse on the ground. 

"Ow! Stop, please!" 

"You're such a slut! How dare you?" Amber begins kicking me forcefully, as I cry out in pain. 

"No, no more! Please, stop! No!" Tears stream down my face. Everything hurts. She keeps screaming at me, until all she's saying is my name.

"Adora! Adora!! Adora!! Wake up!" I sit up, screaming. I gasp for air, and I can't see straight. Suddenly, arms from beside me wrap around me. "Shh, Adora. Shh, I'm here." We rock back and forth as I sob. I don't know who is holding me, but it's so warm and soft. They smell like peach perfume, and I love it. My breathing begins to calm, and my sobbing stops.  I still breathe shakily, but I pull away slightly to see who's next to me. Ezra gazes at me, her eyes sad and caring. "Adora? Are you okay?" I wipe my face, which is soaked in tears. "You were screaming. Are you alright?" I look around for a second. I'm not in darkness anymore, I'm in my room in the new apartment. My roommate, who I hardly know, has me in her arms, and she's comforting me. 

"I'm so sorry!" I gasp out tears starting to flood again. "I didn't mean to wake you! I'm so sorry, I didn't-"

"Hey! Hey. It's okay, you didn't wake me." Ezra shifts and we sit in a different position. "I was awake for awhile, okay? Adora, it's okay." She hold me close. After a few minutes, Ezra gently pulls me up. "C'mon, I'll draw you a bath, yeah?" She grasps my hand, leading me down the hall. Warm fog fills the room as bath water is drawn. Ezra rubs my shoulders comfortingly. "I'll see you in a bit, okay? I'll wait in the kitchen." I nod, numbly. I slowly undress, shivering when the cold air hits my body. I slowly sink into the water and soak for a little bit.

After awhile, I get out and walk back to my room. I inhale, and it still smells like peaches. I change into a long sleeve blue shirt and grey jeans. I slowly pad out to the kitchen. I stand quietly in the doorway, just watching. Ezra is moving swiftly, placing food onto two plates. Her hair tumbles down her back in think waves. She's wearing a pink sweater, and has on a short white skirt with pink and red roses on it. 

"H-hey." I mumble. She immediately turns around and smiles.

"Hey Adora. I made food, and nothing fell or ignited on fire." I smile back a small bit, really embarrassed about earlier. I follow Ezra to the table, and we sit in silence. I poke at my food and eat a small bit. I sigh and set my fork down.

"Ezra, I'm so sorry. That was really embarrassing, and I- I just, I'm sorry." Ezra reaches across the table and takes my hand. 

"Adora, hey. Look at me." I meet her gaze. "I'm not upset with you. Okay? Don't you dare be sorry. Something happened, I know it did. I don't need to know what is is, but it's okay for you to have moments like that. Don't be sorry, ever." Her thumb gently caresses my knuckles, and I feel heat rising in my cheeks. "I made lunch plans for later. You know, for our bonding day?" I grin.