Chapter 2

A/n: I am English and will be using English terminology, so for those who do not know 'lower sixth' is the year you start at 16 and end at 17, year 11 is when you are 15 going on to 16 etcetera.

As the car slowly drove down the drive of Rosewood academy, the girls (E/c) optics widened. The car was having no trouble moving along the smooth, golden pavement and gorgeous trees, covered in autumnal leaves created a canopy above them. She smiled as she saw glimpses of light blue sky and emerald green fields among the trees. This school might not be Hogwarts, but it was still an amazingly picturesque area and she had only seen the driveway!

Carefully she lifted Bluebell out of her box, although the grounds were gorgeous, she still felt an immense amount of fear and she hoped the guinea pig could help calm her down. "(Y/n) please can you put Bluebell back in her box! I don't want guinea pig poo in my car and I don't want you to drop her!" Her father called out in a stern tone. Sighing she put Bluebell back into the box and averted her eyes back to the sky. "It's gorgeous isn't it (Y/n)," the older woman asked, her voice coated in glee. "Yes mum," the girl replied causing her mother to narrow her (M/e/c) optics in annoyance.

Her dad quickly caught on to the fact that tension was beginning to build so butted in and light heartedly asked "What's on your timetable for today (Y/n)?" The girl smiled subtly, relieved that her dad had prevented her from recieving a lecture from her mother "Well, I have this odd house sorting thing, I think the leaders of each house pitch theirs to you and you pick off of that, it's kind of like a competition of who can get the most people..." she trailed off as she had just realised what her father was going to say "HOGWARTS! HARRY POTTER!" He screeched excitedly. "I'm pretty sure in Harry Potter the sorting was not a popularity competition," (Y/n's) mother quickly and humourously interjected.

"Well we are in the car park now and I'm sure (Y/n) will call us and tell us everything about this ceremony!" This snapped the girl back to reality, instead of the gorgeous leafy canopy, she was now in a strangely gorgeous car park. Each parking space seemed to have its own rose bush in front of it and when you looked west you were greeted with rolling peridot hills.

As soon as she opened the car door she was greeted by an older student whose dark brown hair framed her hazel eyes. "Hi, I'm Elsie, what year are you being admitted into?" She asked sweetly. "Lower sixth," the girl in question mumbled in response. "Oh and can I have a name?" Elsie smiled down. "(Y/n) (L/n)," the (H/c) haired girl responded. "Aaaah I see you! Follow me you have the sorting ceremony first!" She cheered enthusiastically.

When (Y/n) turned around she could see her father beaming mischievously "Sorting ceremony," he whispered, only to receive a cheeky roll of the eyes from his daughter. "Bye mum, bye dad, I'll see you in a month!" (Y/n) said as she pulled her parents in for one final embrace. "I love you," she whispered to them. "I love you too," both her parents responded in unison. (Y/n) beamed up at them before saying "Bye," one last time and turning her back.

"Okie dokie!" Elsie almost sung. "I'm in lower sixth too! How many subjects are you doing?" The (E/c) eyed girl sighed, at most sixth forms you simply did three subjects of your choosing, but not at Rosewood! Rosewood academy believed in continuing taking a magnitude of subjects, meaning that the minimum amount of Alevels you could do was nine. "Ten" the (H/c) haired girl murmured. "Ah the normal amount, Im going to do ten as well, but I already have three A levels, all A stars!" The girl with dark, Raven like hair bragged, only to receive a slight nod in response from the other girl.

"Sooo what house are you thinking of joining? I chose the ocean house when I joined the school in year seven and again in year nine, I plan on choosing the same again, I do love my languages, history and literature and that's what our house is all about!" She rambled enthusiastically before almost being knocked down by a clearly hyper, very short, blonde haired girl. "Stop trying to pollute her mind Elsie, I'm Marta and a proud member of the sky house, also known as the best house, we specialise in theatre, art, music, basically all the fun things!" The child like girl giggled, whilst Elsie became red from fury.

(Y/n) was beginning to feel very uncomfortable, she despised conflict and was not the best with 'new people'. 'Breathe' she told herself, but she couldn't. Suddenly she began to feel incredibly tired and her body slumped to the floor. "Oh my God she's fainted!" Marta screeched, "We need to take her to the nurses, but she'll probably miss the ceremony and you know what happens if you're houseless..." Elsie continued grimly.

The once playful aura had turned grim. The poor girl really did pick the worst possible time to faint. Elsie sighed, she had quite wanted to befriend the (H/c) haired girl who she had warmed to immediately, but to be friends with someone who was houseless. No, she couldn't. The last person who was houseless... no she couldn't think of that and (Y/n) wouldn't be like her, at least she hoped she wouldn't be like her. Quickly she pulled out a water bottle and threw the contents onto (Y/n), but the girl did not awaken. Marta shook her, but she did not awaken, they both shouted at her, but she did not awaken, causing even the usual care free Marta to look afraid.

It appeared that the (E/c) orbed girls fate had been sealed.