Chapter 5

Anxiety clutched her heart, as she walked through the sixth form building's doors for the first time. Sighing she desperately attempted to block out the terrifying words of the principle. She was still confused as to why the principle would want to scare her, why would he want to risk her not coming back, it sounded bratty but she knew that the school ran on the fees her parents paid.

Groaning she tugged at her uncomfortable maroon blazer, she could already see the loathing looks being sent her direction and she needed something to fiddle with. To avoid eye contact with any of the students who seemed to detest her so much, she pulled out her timetable and quickly scanned over it. She had missed induction, so she had no idea where any of the rooms on the crumpled piece of paper were and it didn't look like anyone would help her.

Out of the corner of her she glimpsed some long, dark brown hair that could only belong to Elsie. Frantically the girl ran after her, desperately hoping to catch her up. If she didn't catch up to her then she'd have to ask someone else and the results of that could be 'lamentable' as the principle put it. "Elsie!" She called, desperately trying to catch the once friendly girls attention, it seemed to have worked, however instead of stopping, Elsie began to move at a faster pace.

Although Elsie seemed reluctant to speak to her, she wasn't going to give up and so subsequently broke into a light jog. Embarrassing herself didn't really matter anymore, everyone clearly already despised her. Eventually she caught up to the hazel orbed girl. "Elsie, please I need help, I have no idea where any of these rooms are..." instead of replying the tall girl simply snatched the paper out of her hands "Take two lefts, then go up the stairs and classroom twenty three is to the right of you and please do not talk to me again, it's nothing personal, just being seen with you is actually social suicide at the moment," Elsie whispered speedily.

This sentence from Elsie made the other female feel more afraid than when she had listened to what the principle had said. Perhaps it was due to the fact that whilst the principle's eyes held a strange look of joy when talking to her, Elsie's held pure fear. Sighing the girl took the second left and as to no surprise the staircase Elsie had talked about grandly stood there. Although she had known Rosewood to be a wealthy school, she had not expected this much grandeur. The glossy, white marble stairs looked like they could have been taken from a Greek temple and a crystal chandelier hung above them, creating gorgeous firefly like droplets of light on the staircase. As she ascended the stairs she felt like a princess, however that fantasy was crushed when she remembered she was wearing a disgusting school uniform, causing her to laugh at her own child likeness. She was still enjoying walking up the picturesque staircase, when the bell rang replacing all enjoyment with stress.

Quickly she began to run up the stairs, her panic only increasing when she realised that she was the only person left on the staircase. To her relief she saw an oak door, with room 23 engraved in gold on it. At her old school being a couple of minutes late was fine, she could only hope that her new history teacher would have the same attitude as her previous teachers.

Taking a deal breath the (E/c) orbed girl opened the door. "And who are you?" A middle aged woman with light brown hair and gold rimmed spectacles, who she assumed was her history teacher, asked. "(Y/n) (L/n) miss." The girl replied timidly. "Oh yes the girl who was at the sick bay in the sorting ceremony, I have heard a lot about you." She paused "Seeing as I did the seating plan on the first day, you will have to sit next to Lysander, at the back." At the mention of Lysander both boys and girls began to swoon.

Her eyes travelled to the back of the room where one boy occupied the whole room. She understood why people were swooning. He had sapphires for eyes, naturally tanned looking skin and sun bleached blonde hair, he really did look like Lysander from 'A midsummer nights dream' but she was one to judge in personality not looks and seeing as no one was sitting with him, he was likely incredibly arrogant. He looked clearly vexed at the fact that he would have to share his row, so to avoid any further annoyance she slipped into the seat facing the window at the end.

"(Y/n), I prefer having my students in my direct line of sight, please could you sit next to Lysander, as I initially instructed." She stated, with a hint of annoyance in her tone. Without question the (H/c) haired girl moved next to Lysander.

The lesson was thirty minutes in and (Y/n) was doing quite a good job at simply concentrating on her work, history had always been a strong point of hers and not once in her life had she got anything lower than an A. Her peaceful work was disrupted when the golden haired boy growled "Please could you stop breathing so heavily, it's like you're a dehydrated dog!" So her idea of the boy being arrogant was in fact correct. "Actually, for a matter of fact I can not!" She growled back, "Don't you dare talk to me like that, you've already cost me the best room in the house leaders suite, three percent extra in my tests, the festival and now you are disrupting my learning with you grotesque animal breathing!" By this point the whole class was silent, even the history teacher, Ms Roan, was paying attention to the exchange. "Apologise to him, immediately!" Cried a fake tan coated girl with overly straightened black hair. "How dare you talk to our house leader like that!" Cried another fake tan covered girl. "Don't worry Liliana and don't worry Aubrey, you know I'll get my revenge on her." Lysander spoke, his words slickly rolling off his tongue and restoring peace and normality in the classroom.

However for (Y/n) working did not feel normal at all, due to the frequent sight of Lysander's blue optics staring right into her own.