09; The One Where Underdog Got Away

Lisa had found herself falling asleep in the ride back home, and was jolted awake when George shook her shoulder. "Huh? What-what happened?"

"You fell asleep," he sighed as he looked at her. Lisa groaned in frustration, burying her face into her hands. "Sorry, I just—"

"You don't have to apologize, trust me," he smiled. "I know what it's like, the first project that kickstarts your career."

She groaned once again. "That gives me severe, severe anxiety."

"You'll be fine," he assured her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Trust me."

"Okay," she nodded and peeled her hands off her face and looked at him. "I guess I should get going."

He nodded. "Happy Thanksgiving."

"You too," she said, as he pulled her into a small hug.

And then she got out of the car, waved George goodbye and walked straight into Central Perk.

As she walked in, she didn't bother looking at her friend's faces as she set her bag down, but she yelped when she saw Joey. "Holy shit!"

And Chandler just laughed.

Joey smiled, a little confused. "Hey."

"Uh, hi," Lisa mumbled. "Are you wearing makeup?"

Joey smiled proudly. "Yes, I am. As of today, I am officially Joey Tribbiani, actor slash model."

Chandler laughed sarcastically. "That's so funny, 'cause I was thinking you look more like Joey Tribbiani, man slash woman."

"What were you modeling for?"

"You know those posters for the city free clinic?" Joey asked, earning nods from everyone.

"Oh, wow, so you're gonna be one of those 'healthy, healthy, healthy guys'?" Monica questioned.

"You know, the asthma guy was really cute," Pheobe nodded at Lisa and winked at her, making the girl laugh because they had seen the asthma guy on a poster in the subway, so it turned into a little inside joke.

"Do you know which one you're gonna be?" Chandler asked.

Joey shrugged. "No, but I hear lyme disease is open, so..." he crossed his fingers with a hopeful smile on his face.

Chandler smiled. "Good luck, man. I hope you get it."

"Thanks."

Ross walked in from the back of the café and looked at Monica with a deep frown. "Well, you were right. How can they do this to us, huh? It's Thanksgiving."

"Ok, I'll tell you what. How about I cook dinner at my place? I'll make it just like Mom's," Monica offered.

Ross' eyes lit up a little. "Will you make the mashed potatoes with the lumps?"

"You know, they're not actually supposed to have..." Monica rolled her eyes as Ross looked at her sheepishly. "I'll work on the lumps. Joey, you're going home, right?"

Joey simply nodded and took another sip of his coffee.

"And I assume, Chandler, you are still boycotting all the pilgrim holidays."

Chandler nodded. "Yes, every single one of them."

"Phoebe, you're gonna be with your grandma?"

"Yes, and her boyfriend. But we're celebrating Thanksgiving in December 'cause he is lunar."

"So you're free Thursday, then."