Chapter 6

Adora heard the chatter from this morning continue late into lunch. usually, Adora would be into all the gossip, laughing with Bow, sharing lunch with Glimmer. But today, news of the gunshots and the Final Battle was everywhere.

"My parents will be fighting all day. Glimmer boasted. You can sit with me in the very front. It will feel like we're actually fighting!"

Adora set the food down. "I just want all of this to be over. remember how much fun everyone had when they weren't training?"

"Sure, but it is kind of fun to train." Glimmer laughed while pretending to punch Bow.

Adora sighed. If she wanted any sympathy, they weren't the people to ask.

Later in the day, Catra called Adora to meet her by the woods. Adora finally managed to sneak away.

"Hey, Adora?'

"yes, Catra?"

"What do you think will happen to us after the war?'

Adora thought about it, before bursting into a smile.

"Everything will be perfect. We can go right to the town hall and get marriage papers."

"Marriage?" Catra's eyes were wide as saucers.

"Think about it Cat, we'll be heading out to college soon, anything can happen."

Catra blushed.

"Fine. Right after the final battle, we'll do it. Then I'll take you anywhere you want to go."

"What about the beach? Salinas?"

"C'mon Adora, you know I hate the water, Catra joked. But I'll do it for you."

Adora hugged Catra tightly. "You're the best future wife I could ask for."

Catra hugged back. "Just think of the look on Shadow Weaver's face when you tell her we're married."

Adora gasped. "Don't you dare! You'll scare her half to death."

Catra laughed. "I knew that would get a rise outta you."

Adora set her phone in Catra's hands. She let her girlfriend scroll through her playlist to pick the perfect song.

"No way!" Adora smiled. This song played during our first kiss!"

"Don't remind me." Catra snarked. It was true, the girl's first kiss was messy and awkward, bursting with the angst of their earlier teen years.

"Now, we can add it to our wedding songs." Adora blushed. 

Catra kissed the blonde. Sweet and strong.

"Whatever you say, Princess."